The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not to mention Dosunmu looks reinvigorated, and we have the Illini on 3/1...

Kind of the point I was making to our Quincy Blue Devil friend when he said I was poor form.....Ayo playing means so much which is why they'll miss him O plenty next year. Sometimes it's hard to teach other fans how important one player can be. Kind of like Carsen was last year. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Odds that IU could ever go 19-20 from the line.

It was so weird watching a team handle the press, get the ball to their top free throw shooters each time without throwing crazy, haphazard passes, and then going to the free throw line and hitting all of their freebies to ice the game. 

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Huggie Bear picks up career win 879 tying Dean Smith.  I used to really dislike him and his UC teams but after getting to spend a weekend with him it changed my.opinion drastically.   I pull for him to do well

Glad he's changed his ways and people like him. For me...I just can't cheer for a guy who had what?? a 25% graduation rate at Cincy? Total opposite of what a college basketball coach should be.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad he's changed his ways and people like him. For me...I just can't cheer for a guy who had what?? a 25% graduation rate at Cincy? Total opposite of what a college basketball coach should be. I actually have a bigger issue with him than I do guys like Sampson, Pearl,etc...

I agree and that's why I could not support him until I saw Huggins the man, mentor and genuine care for his players it changed my to an extent.  The graduation rate and other issues made it hard to root for him for sure

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am still confused is Archie or Grant getting the credit. Why is this stuff so hard to figure out😀

Depends on who you listen to and whether you believe them or not.  As far as what I have heard from UD chatter is somewhat conflicting.  The Flyers top 6 players consist of 2 Seniors, 3 Juniors, and 1 Soph.  The 2 Srs. are Archie's boys.  The 3 Jrs. are Archie's recruits(some question that), and Toppin(soph) I have heard both ways.  I have heard that he committed for Archie as a HS Junior.  I have also heard that upon HS graduation he didn't qualify thus he attended a prep school before going to Dayton.  There is what I have gathered...whether true or not, I have no idea other than the 2 Seniors played for Arch.

It is kind of moot as Grant is coaching them.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Depends on who you listen to and whether you believe them or not.  As far as what I have heard from UD chatter is somewhat conflicting.  The Flyers top 6 players consist of 2 Seniors, 3 Juniors, and 1 Soph.  The 2 Srs. are Archie's boys.  The 3 Jrs. are Archie's recruits(some question that), and Toppin(soph) I have heard both ways.  I have heard that he committed for Archie as a HS Junior.  I have also heard that upon HS graduation he didn't qualify thus he attended a prep school before going to Dayton.  There is what I have gathered...whether true or not, I have no idea other than the 2 Seniors played for Arch.

It is kind of moot as Grant is coaching them.

My thoughts as well.  I just like to poke the bear a little. 

12 hours ago, Inequality said:

Illinois 62 Penn St. 56 final

If I were an Illini fan the encouraging thing would be this. Almost 30 3 point attempts in a blowout loss to Rutgers. Last night with their best shooter back they had 10 only. Hopefully someone on our staff took notice that working the ball inside can and does work vs Penn St when we play them this weekend.

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My thoughts as well.  I just like to poke the bear a little. 

I've always thought it takes 4 things to have a program that most of us want...

Culture, continuity, experience, and talent...

The first 3 take some time to develop...

But some people are impatient...and I do understand that...

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've always thought it takes 4 things to have a program that most of us want...

Culture, continuity, experience, and talent...

The first 3 take some time to develop...

But some people are impatient...and I do understand that...

Maybe I am completely wrong and looking at things differently than they were but I for one for not feel our program was in a terrible place when CAM took over. To compare what Archie inherited to what what Crean had are light years apart. 

I really dont care if we are above 500 if we play hard . Those early Crean teams did that. Sampson had tons of talent and won and the kids worked HARD but I could not get behind that team for their off court issues. Indiana basketball is more than wins and losses and our fans recognize that. I just ask for effort make grades and stay out of trouble. For some reason we cant seem to get the play hard part down

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe I am completely wrong and looking at things differently than they were but I for one for not feel our program was in a terrible place when CAM took over. To compare what Archie inherited to what what Crean had are light years apart. 

I really dont care if we are above 500 if we play hard . Those early Crean teams did that. Sampson had tons of talent and won and the kids worked HARD but I could not get behind that team for their off court issues. Indiana basketball is more than wins and losses and our fans recognize that. I just ask for effort make grades and stay out of trouble. For some reason we cant seem to get the play hard part down

My neighbor and a couple others rarely used their tickets during Crean's first 3 years. We went down to probably 25-30 games during those first 3 seasons and never cheered so hard for our Hoosiers because they constantly left it on the court. Certainly frustrating for hoops fans (IU included) when you know a team is light years ahead talent wise and don't give it 1 Hundy. 

Archived