Indiana vs Gannon game thread

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Smith takes a lot of flak from fans at times, but if he can do what he is doing tonight every night, I’d be thrilled. 

I've been very supportive of Smith many times on here. I will say this. With this big difference in athleticism he should shine against this type of competition. He struggles when he get's against guys he can't out jump out run. That said...run the floor. Hit the boards. Play with effort and no reason he can't put up double doubles.

1 minute ago, Hoosier98 said:

One thing is for sure, Smith is a mismatch nightmare at the three. He will be able to score on the block on any three if the other forwards can keep screening and keep their defender busy. 

Factor in his defense and the quality/ quantity of our bigs, and I think he will get a fair amount of time there

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Factor in his defense and the quality/ quantity of our bigs, and I think he will get a fair amount of time there

When he (Smith) plays hard good things happen.  Too often last year he would take plays off and get lazy.  Hope that is all behind him this year.

16 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Smith takes a lot of flak from fans at times, but if he can do what he is doing tonight every night, I’d be thrilled. 

Hope so. Not trying to be difficult but when a kids Dad calls out the IU coach....it's an easy decision who needs to hit the bricks. Hope the father grew up this past summer...because all he's done is make it difficult on the kid. 

Archived