The Bucket Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Talk about an uninformed post lol. Yikes. 

Offense returned 2 offensive linemen, 4 WR’s (2 of whom missed the majority of the year), a TE, and a QB who missed most of the season. Not a ton of starters returned on offense and the ones that did mostly were injured. Both senior RB’s missed basically the entire season because of injuries  

On defense, we returned a lot more (8 or 9 I believe) but the two best (Bailey and Neal) missed almost the entire season. 

Dont think “Tom Allen showed up Brohm pretty good” is an accurate thing to say at all  Allen/IU had a good season. Purdue’s spiraled after only 2 or 3 games. But don’t let facts get in the way lol. 

Here's my thing. You say a nice post earlier....but now come to criticize. Can't have your "rep" to some be treated both ways. Seems odd. How about this. Your $6M man just got beat. Leave it at that. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Money talks. And BS walks.  And then there is Mark Few.

I think Bret Beilema will have more of an impact on coaches (particularly B10 coaches) than some think. Sure, the SEC comes with a payday, but you're reaching for that paycheck over a really high cliff. Provided we give Allen a fair market raise, I think he'll stay. Again, if Florida State/USC/etc call, that's different. But I think that will be enough to fend off the Missouris and Arkansasas of the world.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my thing. You say a nice post earlier....but now come to criticize. Can't have your "rep" to some be treated both ways. Seems odd. How about this. Your $6M man just got beat. Leave it at that. 

I responded to a post that I thought was blatantly false. I didn’t say negative things about IU in my post. 

And yeah our $6 million man got beat. Doesn’t mean he’s overrated or a bad coach. 

I did not see the game, was driving all day.  This has been an extremely rare season for IU football.  I think it would be a top 3 season all-time if we win our bowl game.  Nothing, however has changed until the program stays at or near this level for more than a season or two.  Allen appears to have us pointed in the right direction for consistency. 

6 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I did not see the game, was driving all day.  This has been an extremely rare season for IU football.  I think it would be a top 3 season all-time if we win our bowl game.  Nothing, however has changed until the program stays at or near this level for more than a season or two.  Allen appears to have us pointed in the right direction for consistency. 

If we win the bowl, it'd tie for the most wins in program history. 1967 is the only other time we won 9 games.

Just got home from W.Lafayette and wanted to let everyone to know I am not a hypocrite.  I have been hard on fans for leaving early so today I stayed until I saw the celebration and us getting the bucket.  Even though I was drenched and frozen and couldn't feel my feet I was there until the bitter end.  What I could not believe was that there were people leaving after regulation and before the OT started.  You sit through 3 hours of cold, rain and wind but can't stay a few minutes longer.

I was sitting in the end zone behind the goal post on the end where we scored the winning TD.  All  have to say is that the ref's were horrendous and can't believe how one sided they were.  Westbrook was totally interfered with in that end zone in the 4th quarter but no call.  I actually thought the one face mask penalty on us was suspect because he rapped hi around the head and the helmet just came off with no face mask,

With all of that if we could hit our field goals or actually get TD's when we are in the red zone we would have won the game easily.

4 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'll be "That" guy, but it is a shame the Boilers lost. They really outplayed the Hoosiers!

Not really because if we would have converted in the red zone and hit our field goals it would have been that close. Also don't forget the officials was so one sided it was not funny.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got home from W.Lafayette and wanted to let everyone to know I am not a hypocrite.  I have been hard on fans for leaving early so today I stayed until I saw the celebration and us getting the bucket.  Even though I was drenched and frozen and couldn't feel my feet I was there until the bitter end.  What I could not believe was that there were people leaving after regulation and before the OT started.  You sit through 3 hours of cold, rain and wind but can't stay a few minutes longer.

I was sitting in the end zone behind the goal post on the end where we scored the winning TD.  All  have to say is that the ref's were horrendous and can't believe how one sided they were.  Westbrook was totally interfered with in that end zone in the 4th quarter but no call.  I actually thought the one face mask penalty on us was suspect because he rapped hi around the head and the helmet just came off with no face mask,

With all of that if we could hit our field goals or actually get TD's when we are in the red zone we would have won the game easily.

That's awesome!  Glad you were able to be there to see it.

For the face mask, on the replay he definitely grabbed him by the face mask, so they did get that call right.  The no pass interference was pretty terrible.

This is the 2nd time in the last 3 games that a team has only committed 1 penalty against us.  Is that a record?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I thought Sindelar was coming back for a 6th year but he went through senior day.

Usually guys who might come back but are seniors go through senior day.  I know we've had some in the past.  I want to say DaVondre Love went through it last year?  Cronk went through it this year but could still come back.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Proud of ya Scott.  I bet you had a great time...winning does that!  Great post btw.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I responded to a post that I thought was blatantly false. I didn’t say negative things about IU in my post. 

And yeah our $6 million man got beat. Doesn’t mean he’s overrated or a bad coach. 

Your 6 million dollar man is 17-20 and our lowly paid coach is 18-18

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Proud of ya Scott.  I bet you had a great time...winning does that!  Great post btw.

Great time especially the first 3 quarters but our D almost gave the game away.  Me and my son had a great time and got to spend some great times together and that is what is important.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Great time especially the first 3 quarters but our D almost gave the game away.  Me and my son had a great time and got to spend some great times together and that is what is important.

Yes Sir that is what is important.  Glad to hear it Bro.

Archived