Friday the 13th pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I hope Phinisee gets held out just to try and get him healthier and avoid risking further injury. 

The goal should be for him to make it back ready to play 28mpg+ for Arkansas the end of December. 

Just my opinion but he needs minutes not.more time. Playing him 15 to 18 minutes is what I expect to see. Should be  a good opportunity for him and then get some rest over next couple weeks 

7 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I hope Phinisee gets held out just to try and get him healthier and avoid risking further injury. 

The goal should be for him to make it back ready to play 28mpg+ for Arkansas the end of December. 

He has to play so he can work up to 28+ mpg and not just jump to that amount of playing time.  We have  a lot of breaks between each game now so he needs to get some PT.

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

Still more recent than a Purdue basketball National Title 

Speaking of a National Tournament.  First time Nebraska BB made the NCAAT was in 1986.  They lost. Nebraska BB is the ONLY major conference team to have NEVER won a game in the NCAAT !

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Had a few major events go my way on Friday the 13th. After that I took on the homage that Friday the 13th was my lucky day since ALL of the other days seem unlucky! FEELING AWFUL GOOD ABOUT THE HOOSIERS TOMORROW!

Bucking the major thought pattern.  Good for you !

Friday the 13th 

Triskaidekaphobia 

8 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Still more recent than a Purdue basketball National Title 

TRUE, however PU has owned us recently let’s not forget and let’s not bring up overall record.  This is a statement game at home vs NEB!  A close victory shows were not there yet!  With RP back, it’s time to show we belong in top 5 of this conf!  

55 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There's a rumor on the Rivals board about a certain HOF coach possibly making an appearance.  Anyone hear anything?

I just read that and was going to post, but you beat me to it.....On further down on that same page,  someone mentions hearing a rumor of Knight possibly appearing at the Ohio St.

game....Who knows how creditable these rumors are, but IMO, it's just a matter of time now.  Coach will continue to do things HIS own way and on his time frame. He has always loved making a unique or grand entrance.... I remember the game when Steve Alford came back to IU for the first time as IOWA's head coach. Pre-Tip off, Coach Knight entered the floor from behind the IOWA bench just to sneak up on him.....

36 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just read that and was going to post, but you beat me to it.....On further down on that same page,  someone mentions hearing a rumor of Knight possibly appearing at the Ohio St.

game....Who knows how creditable these rumors are, but IMO, it's just a matter of time now.  Coach will continue to do things HIS own way and on his time frame. He has always loved making a unique or grand entrance.... I remember the game when Steve Alford came back to IU for the first time as IOWA's head coach. Pre-Tip off, Coach Knight entered the floor from behind the IOWA bench just to sneak up on him.....

Yes he does.  When he slapped Steve on the back you could see the fear in his eyes. Had floor seats for that game.

I suspect no one will leak it when he just shows up. Baseball game is easier to keep quiet but I expect something similar. It will happen this year.

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I always thought that if he did ever come back it would be completely out of the blue and unannounced.  Like someone would look up into the stands 10 minutes into the game and see some grumpy old man wearing a St Louis Cardinals cap and finally realize who it was.  Just seems like that would be more Bobby's style.

Archived