Conspiracy Theory: Devonte Green

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The players voted Devonte captain.  He has a very unique personality, and can come across funny at times.  Of anyone on the team, I wouldn't read into mannerisms and things like that and try infer anything.  

Thanks TDH. I appreciate the perspective, because I certainly don’t know enough about the young fella. Just that I want him to improve his game and stop forcing so much.

Just thought I’d go ahead and bump this. 

Coincidence that we mount a comeback and quite literally everything about this team changes: identity, execution, energy...all with Green’s rear end in close quarters with the pine?

My hope: he finds a lesson in what he got to watch.

3 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Just thought I’d go ahead and bump this. 

Coincidence that we mount a comeback and quite literally everything about this team changes: identity, execution, energy...all with Green’s rear end in close quarters with the pine?

My hope: he finds a lesson in what he got to watch.

My hope is he gets to watch from the same spot for the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

My hope is he gets to watch from the same spot for the rest of the year. 

From my vantage point across from the bench after Archie sat Devontae for a spell he went to put him back in. Devontae waved him off and refused to re-enter. That would have been the end of Devontae for me but a friend with me said Archie made another attempt a bit later with same response. I didn't see that one but DG is outta here on the first wave off IMHO. I really believe there is traction regarding Crean holdovers being an issue as far as "give a *****" attitude is concerned. Wish I hadn't seen what I saw.

34 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

From my vantage point across from the bench after Archie sat Devontae for a spell he went to put him back in. Devontae waved him off and refused to re-enter. That would have been the end of Devontae for me but a friend with me said Archie made another attempt a bit later with same response. I didn't see that one but DG is outta here on the first wave off IMHO. I really believe there is traction regarding Crean holdovers being an issue as far as "give a *****" attitude is concerned. Wish I hadn't seen what I saw.

If (and I stress the word if) he refused to enter the game he should be launched. I hope you guys mis-read the situation. If not, bye-bye.

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

If (and I stress the word if) he refused to enter the game he should be launched. I hope you guys mis-read the situation. If not, bye-bye.

I too hope it was a mis-read and that is certainly a possibility.  I'm not one to post crap just to post it though I might have been better served to keep my observations to myself given how damning my interpretation was.  I obviously could not hear the xchange from across the court so am reading non-verbal communications - can be dangerous.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, IUwins0708 said:

If he’s causing a problem Archie should pull his captaincy.  I thought of this after the game but if I were Archie I’d pull Al’s and Devontes captain title.  

If you go that route, they will only become a bigger cancer & spread to the entire team!  After tonight’s fiasco & 1 pt performance, he needs to be shown the door!  Coach has to set an example to the other players before he loses this team entirely!

56 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

WOW!!!!! If that is true then Archie has absolutely no choice but to get him off the team ASAP. That’s just incredible!

The JS blow by and watching the huddle where Arch had to yell over them to get attention and for them to stop talking. Another huddle I noticed many looked disinterested and not even paying attention. I believe there are some very toxic players on this team. Arch needs to clean house before the new AD cleans house with the coaching staff being the first to go. They are liable to cost him his job if he doesn’t take charge and right this ship. 

2 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Didn't see that on tv, but I have to hope that if Archie asked him twice it was due to some sort of injury and Archie wanted to know if he was okay to go back in.

People keep talking about "good" Devonte. We've played 7 games since Fla St, when he went off. By stats, he's played well in 2 of those 7, which is bad enough, but if you've watched the games, you could argue he hasn't played well in any of them, and this is a guy who is a senior and a captain. I'm pretty sure by now we know what he's going to bring to the table, and hoping for "good" Devonte is just an exercise in futility.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

those are obvious demonstrations of CAM losing this team.  i was in the camp that he deserved 1 more year, but not if he has lost the team.

There are certain players who, for whatever reason, have never completely bought in to CAM's basketball philosophy...

I don't think he's "lost the team" by any stretch of the imagination. They wouldn't have gotten off the deck and won the game if he had in my opinion.

I don't know what's going on with Devonte, but he did, at one time during the game, look a little gimpy. Archie didn't say anything about him in the post game presser, so I guess we'll have to wait...

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

People keep talking about "good" Devonte. We've played 7 games since Fla St, when he went off. By stats, he's played well in 2 of those 7, which is bad enough, but if you've watched the games, you could argue he hasn't played well in any of them, and this is a guy who is a senior and a captain. I'm pretty sure by now we know what he's going to bring to the table, and hoping for "good" Devonte is just an exercise in futility.

Agree with this 100%. 

I think those of us who pray for the "good" Devonte to show up do so because we know with that player we can best anybody in the country.

We also know with the Devonte we saw tonight, and historically the one we've predominantly seen, we can struggle against teams like Northwestern and Nebraska at home, and get blown out by good teams...

6 hours ago, IUfan93 said:

The JS blow by and watching the huddle where Arch had to yell over them to get attention and for them to stop talking. Another huddle I noticed many looked disinterested and not even paying attention. I believe there are some very toxic players on this team. Arch needs to clean house before the new AD cleans house with the coaching staff being the first to go. They are liable to cost him his job if he doesn’t take charge and right this ship. 

If that is the case then its a lot more than whether a Miller guy or Crean guy. I know it's only high school but I had a similar situation 1 time let me repeat 1 time. I assure you time 2 was not going to happen. If respect is not demanded or earned from the top its hard to get later. A very good coach the won a few title told me it's much easier to loosen the reigns that to try and tighten them. I dont see the respect that i would expect to see given to CAM. the question is why?

Archived