Collin Hartman

cohete15

Colin is the epitome of the kind of kid many on this board and it's predecessors have clamored for.... the Indiana born kid who may not be as gifted athletically but who more than makes up for it with a high basketball IQ as well as a good fundamental base. 

For as long as I can remember there has been that argument of recruiting nationally vs recruiting regionally. Hartman is a great example of the type of kid that every IU team should have on the roster 

10 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Colin is the epitome of the kind of kid many on this board and it's predecessors have clamored for.... the Indiana born kid who may not be as gifted athletically but who more than makes up for it with a high basketball IQ as well as a good fundamental base. 

For as long as I can remember there has been that argument of recruiting nationally vs recruiting regionally. Hartman is a great example of the type of kid that every IU team should have on the roster 

Agreed, if he can play.

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Agreed, if he can play.

I agree, if we are going to take a chance on a scholly, use it on a McBob or Hartman type player. A hard nosed (and hopefully hard acl) kid. An Indiana all-star or fringe all-star player who is really good at a lot of stuff but might not have the one over the top thing that gets them a bunch of major d-1 offers. I'm by no means saying we have to have one at all times, but if a kid comes along at the right time and is just a grinder that the team is lacking and we have enuf schollies....the. go for it. 

15 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

He really is, well said. And many wanted to see him transfer before he developed at IU. He's a great example of giving a kid time to develop, and what the coaches see in a player that is not immediately recognizable in the player as a frosh or even soph.

Archived