2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And get back a 2nd or 3rd. I would undoubtedly do that. 

I wouldn’t. This team needs more than just a QB. IF Stroud and Young are gone I’d take Carter or Anderson. If they take Carter they could then trade Buckner to get back some picks or players for him. I’d personally prefer Anderson since the Colts haven’t had an ELITE pass rusher since Freeney and Mathis. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

People talk about Ohio State QB’s in the NFL but nobody mentions Alabama QB’s in the NFL. Tua might very well be the best in the NFL since the 60’s or 70’s. That school hasn’t produced great NFL QB’s in recent years either.

I am going through my memory banks.  I am thinking the last decent NFL QB that 'Bama produced was Richard Todd?  

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I count Hurts. He graduated and won a National Title. It’s not like ge transferred after one or two seasons. 

You count him if you want.  Doesnt matter.  He is on the same timeline as Tua.  But yeah, 'Bama didn't produce for40 years.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

And get back a 2nd or 3rd. I would undoubtedly do that. 

I think there is 0 chance they let him go. He is on a rookie contract so he isn’t costing them anything. Even if Purdue is their man he is a cheap backup for him and excellent insurance policy. I wouldn’t give up much in picks but I’d send Buckner back for sure. 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was wondering if the Giants doesn't franchise tag Daniel Jones if the Colts word try to sign him as a free agent. Rather get him over Lance or Love who you would have to give up draft picks for.

They won’t give up on him. Deibold likes him and look what he did for Allen. The saying around the nfl rings true. It’s a lot easier to get worse at QB than better. 

• Like 1