2023 NFL Discussion

rico

55 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I think Gus is OK.

Rick Venturi disagrees, wants him to come up with more game specific plans each week. Like, “make someone other than Nico Collins beat you”, for example. 

Well.. then why doesn't Nick Cross do his job?

Edited by btownqb

On 1/5/2024 at 10:14 PM, btownqb said:

Yeah well QBs that aren't quick and have had 3 major season ending injuries are a non-starter for me. Take him in the first, just won't be the Colts. 

Injuries due to playing with inferior O-line. Recent article about Penix praying for his health before IU games.

interesting that you endorse a guy that started 4 NFL games and could only finish 1 before being shelved for the year, yet Penix’s injury history is an issue 🤣🤣😛

52 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Injuries due to playing with inferior O-line. Recent article about Penix praying for his health before IU games.

interesting that you endorse a guy that started 4 NFL games and could only finish 1 before being shelved for the year, yet Penix’s injury history is an issue 🤣🤣😛

Well... his weren't nearly as significant #1. 

And.. then we can compare them as athletes... not a comparison. Then we realize AR is like 3 years younger... 

And two of Penixs season ending injuries had ZERO to do with our OL. Arguable the first three weren't the OLs fault. He did have a shoulder injury that was.. that's about it, wasn't season ending though

I can name all three plays if you like.  

The Colts shouldn't take him before the 4th, which was the premise of the discussion. And it was with the idea of Penix's Skillset (rocket arm, quick release, and smarts) in mind... coupled with Steichen and what worked, what couldn't work with Minshew, imo would be a good match. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Big day for coaching change in football…Carroll, Saban, Belichick.  All moving on in less than 24 hours.

I'm sure someone is putting together a football tree so to speak but would be curious to know how many current head coaches in college or pros have served under these 3? 50? 100?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Found this gem

So this reporter didn't understand how hard/important a long snapper is but yet, I'm sure he writes articles that question coaching. Amazing. 

There's another one that would be as equally interesting on the differences of a left footed punter and spin,etc....it was out of nowhere that BB actually talked more than 5 seconds.

• Like 1

Curious if anyone knows this answer. Word is leaking out that Bills/Steelers might be moved to Cleveland because of Western New York state of emergency,etc....

My question is this though for the KC game. Windchills are around -30. We suspend/delay games because of lightning but is there a temp that hits that the NFL would step in and say it's not safe? If so what temp? I mean if they can potentially move the Bills/Steelers game....move the Chiefs/Dolphins to the nearest dome.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Curious if anyone knows this answer. Word is leaking out that Bills/Steelers might be moved to Cleveland because of Western New York state of emergency,etc....

My question is this though for the KC game. Windchills are around -30. We suspend/delay games because of lightning but is there a temp that hits that the NFL would step in and say it's not safe? If so what temp? I mean if they can potentially move the Bills/Steelers game....move the Chiefs/Dolphins to the nearest dome.

I just read somewhere there was a game where they played at -59 with wind chill. They dont care about the players, they care about the $$$$$$$$$$. My guess is when it starts to become unsafe for the fans.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I just read somewhere there was a game where they played at -59 with wind chill. They dont care about the players, they care about the $$$$$$$$$$. My guess is when it starts to become unsafe for the fans.

The -59 game was Chargers/Bengals in 82....Freezer Bowl. Only remember it so vividly because my neighbors Godfather was Ken Anderson who was starting QB for Bengals.

Get the $ part but the other part of your post is what I agree with. When does the NFL step in and say we'll protect the fans from themselves? I was at Soldier Field for Bears/Cowboys about 10 years ago. Our beers were actually freezing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

1981 AFC Championship Game in Cincinnati