2023 NFL Discussion

rico

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have had zero respect for Roethlisberger since he was accused TWICE of assaulting young women 

Those accusations always seemed fishy to me.  Maybe Im forgetting details.  

I never understand how guys that have entourages of women throwing panties at them would stoop to assaulting women to fulfill their desires.  I was in class with Bracey Wright and he would literally have girls waiting outside the door of class to be around him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Those accusations always seemed fishy to me.  Maybe Im forgetting details.  

I never understand how guys that have entourages of women throwing panties at them would stoop to assaulting women to fulfill their desires.  I was in class with Bracey Wright and he would literally have girls waiting outside the door of class to be around him.  

I'm with you.

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

Should not have returned imo. But.. excellent career. 

I think the Steelers basically had to bring him back. He had a HUGE cap hit this year and regardless if he retired it was going to limit what they could do. So he had one last go round. Certainly probably better than any back up they could get and Rudolph, Dobbs, and Haskins are all terrible....I suppose they could have just tanked but who do they draft?? I don't see a face out there and honestly...they have enough talent on the roster that didn't make sense. If Ben could manage his game kind of like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning did at the end they might have slipped into the playoffs....but he is just kind of who he is....gunslinger to the end. Goes to show though in this day and age....you can be a pocket qb for sure...but you can't just be a statue...and he absolutely is.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Play the Colts in primetime more!

Screenshot_20211230-111456_Twitter.jpg

That's impressive! I wish someone would go to the networks and lobby to expand their tv market. It won't help me in Florida anymore but when I was in Kentucky...I couldn't get the Colts OR the Titans....crazy!! It was always Chiefs and Cowboys.

Just now, dgambill said:

That's impressive! I wish someone would go to the networks and lobby to expand their tv market. It won't help me in Florida anymore but when I was in Kentucky...I couldn't get the Colts OR the Titans....crazy!! It was always Chiefs and Cowboys.

Sucks Louisville stopped covering them so much. No chance Louisville has a bigger Bengals market, than Colts. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

About everyone I grew up with around Sellersburg, including all my father's side of the family from Kentucky are Bengals fans aside a very few under the age of 40.

Sellersburg isn't all of the Louisville market. Where I grew up I never met a Bengals fan. 

I believe they're showing the Bengals more now because they're better and the Colts haven't been as good, which makes sense. 

But either way, I hope the Colts get the Bengals round one and absolutely wreck them. 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sellersburg isn't all of the Louisville market. Where I grew up I never met a Bengals fan. 

Remind me where you grew up? 

Ive been out of the area for 20 years.  I'm sure there has been a massive Peyton Manning effect and a hot steamy pile of Bengals effect as well.  I do know there has certainly been an uptick of activity of my old friends on Facebook from the Burrow effect.  New and vocal chest thumping.  

Louisville sports radio, to my knowledge is dominated by college basketball.  Wonder which NFL team gets the next most run time?

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Remind me where you grew up? 

Ive been out of the area for 20 years.  I'm sure there has been a massive Peyton Manning effect and a hot steamy pile of Bengals effect as well.  I do know there has certainly been an uptick of activity of my old friends on Facebook from the Burrow effect.  New and vocal chest thumping.  

Louisville sports radio, to my knowledge is dominated by college basketball.  Wonder which NFL team gets the next most run time?

Brownstown.