2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right right.

I think, some are having very mild symptoms right? 

Yes I believe so. Although I heard during the WFT game their QB had a hard time catching his breath for a few days. Said he couldn’t even carry a laundry basket. Other than that it’s been like flu/cold like symptoms. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

My son and I were at a high school basketball game when he saw the news on twitter.  Of course, he is only familiar with Madden because of the video game and the promotion of the recent documentary.  We talked about Madden on the drive home.  This is one of those that really hits home with me.  Not because I was a Raiders fan, because I wasn't.  But, because he was such a prominent sports figure when I was growing up.     

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son and I were at a high school basketball game when he saw the news on twitter.  Of course, he is only familiar with Madden because of the video game and the promotion of the recent documentary.  We talked about Madden on the drive home.  This is one of those that really hits home with me.  Not because I was a Raiders fan, because I wasn't.  But, because he was such a prominent sports figure when I was growing up.     

Yeah i have always been a big fan of his, and like you i'm not a Raiders fan either.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I, for one, rooted for the Raiders back then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

It looks like all they have to do is show their symptoms are improving not gone by sunday to play.

Sports once again at the forefront of cultural change?? Maybe happening right in front of us. Protect those that need protecting...help those that need helped...let the rest go about their business.....might just get us back to normal soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I've seen on some sites people suggesting players won't report if they have symptoms, from the looks of this tweet that's not the case.

I have no clue what NFL and NFLPA have in place anymore. Stuff has changed so many times in last couple years but about 50% of most NFL locker rooms need their game day checks. I say that because I bet some players won't be reporting symptoms if it means missing a check.

Just like last week when NFL was going to cancel those 3 games....NFLPA said no way because our players want their $.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

Have to love the CDC. 2 years into this and big business (Airlines)can't operate under the old rules so they change them. So asymptomatic or vaccinated people dont spread the virus now?

Think we've seen this from the beginning...rules for thee and not me....moving the goal post...changing definitions...so on. We all know there is a different set of rules being set for some. Those in power (this includes huge corporate entities like the NFL) will have a different standard than those for the rest of us. It's why we are told not to have weddings or loved ones over for holiday get togethers but those "special" people can have their get togethers and exceptions made. I digress lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no clue what NFL and NFLPA have in place anymore. Stuff has changed so many times in last couple years but about 50% of most NFL locker rooms need their game day checks. I say that because I bet some players won't be reporting symptoms if it means missing a check.

Just like last week when NFL was going to cancel those 3 games....NFLPA said no way because our players want their $.

I have no doubt there will be some. Some of those players might also not want to take a chance on lying about their symptoms because of fines or whatever else would happen if they were caught lying.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I have no doubt there will be some. Some of those players might also not want to take a chance on lying about their symptoms because of fines or whatever else would happen if they were caught lying.

"Player has to be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, and other symptoms only have to be resolving."

From this statement, no one needs to lie. You can't lie about a fever, either you have one or you don't. Seems other symptoms don't really matter much.

• Like 3

Just now, Indykev said:

"Player has to be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, and other symptoms only have to be resolving."

From this statement, no one needs to lie. You can't lie about a fever, either you have one or you don't. Seems other symptoms don't really matter much.

Good point lol.