2023 NFL Discussion

rico

51 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Did not see much discussion here about it, but recorded, and just watched the Madden tribute Fox did on Christmas Day. If you haven’t seen it, it’s amazingly done, brought back memories I had long forgotten, and is “must see”, Imo.

I would love to see Fox bring him back for one game, or one half, just so younger generations could have the opportunity to hear him live, rather than via a video game 

Was really, really well done. Imagine being at the peak of your profession only at the age of 42 said I'm done? Fox did a great job in not only getting him on their network....but telling the story as a whole.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I recorded it too but haven’t seen it yet.  Guys of my age first started watching football in the 1970s. No Colts in Indy yet.  Lot of Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins, Steelers and even Vikings jackets, hats etc.  

My favorite era for sports.  1970s to early 1980s, simply because I was a kid then.  

Too young for the Packers of the 1960s but I read a lot of books on them as a kid because the timing was right for my school library. I am glued to any documentary on them now.  

Not to derail a thread but I guess that's what we do. I was born in 73 so I barely can remember Madden even being a coach. Flores I do. There's a clip on Youtube (just put in Al Davis Vertical Game) that's just an awesome way of explaining the Raiders approach. 

Imagine if Madden didn't get burned out at 42?? I don't think at least 3-4 more rings is unreasonable....and just like Jack and Arnie and George Foreman...someone in that house was smart enough to cash in on generational wealth after their playing/coaching careers.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When Harbaugh went for a meaningless rushing record instead of kneeling against Broncos it was ok….now he is pissed Bengals took a deep shot with over 2 mins left in the game to get Burrow over 500yds passing. Football karma my friend!

He is a female hygiene product just like his brother.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Miami is good

Ehhh....not so fast there my friend. Have you seen their schedule.....during this win streak they haven't beat a single team that would be in the playoffs. The only team with a winning record was Baltimore on Thursday night home game...I'm not ready to crown them a good team yet. They do have a good defense...but that's about it. Beating the Jets 2x, Giants, Texans, Panthers, and the QBless Saints "don't impress me much" to quote Ms Twain.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

They didn't really impress me, the Saints were pretty much playing players that you would see in the first pre-season game and some that will be Uber drivers this off-season. I will give them credit though, winning seven in a row is still pretty good.

Yep, you have to give the Fish credit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

They didn't really impress me, the Saints were pretty much playing players that you would see in the first pre-season game and some that will be Uber drivers this off-season. I will give them credit though, winning seven in a row is still pretty good.

I get what you're saying, for sure, and no they weren't impressive... but, just like Raiders last week, basically played not to lose, offensively. Just saying there was "less chance" for them to look impressive. 

They are still multiple pieces away offensively, but it's absolutely hilarious they're in the playoffs at this point. Two incredibly tough games left for them.