2023 NFL Discussion

rico

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They aren't. 

63-40 is better than 54-60-1

2 post season wins is better than 1

Anything else doesn't matter

I don't care what some analytical data says about the players on th team. He hasn't put together a team that has completed for a division title in the weakest division.

He has put huge 💰 money in positions that most other GM'S feel are relevant , like DT, LG and Center, RB. He hasn't put much money into WR, SE or CB

Just now, IU Scott said:

63-40 is better than 54-60-1

2 post season wins is better than 1

Anything else doesn't matter

I don't care what some analytical data says about the players on th team. He hasn't put together a team that has completed for a division title in the weakest division.

He has put huge 💰 money in positions that most other GM'S feel are relevant , like DT, LG and Center, RB. He hasn't put much money into WR, SE or CB

It's very confusing to me to even be having a conversation of Mike Woodson vs. Chris Ballard. It doesn't register for me. 

"anything else doesn't matter"-- you mean the fact you left out the actual duties of Ballard's job vs. CMW? Yeah other stuff does clearly matter. Huge money? we pay Taylor pennies on the dollar for what he produces.... people don't pay DT? lol yes they do... DT's Salaries... Buckner isn't top 6.... 

Guard salaries another myth debunked-- other people pay for a good offensive line, too.

Ryan Kelley is the 6th paid center in the league--- and is no less than Top 4 in the league performance wise, and last season he was Top 2. 

What is a SE? WR we JUST paid Pittman. lol corner we JUST paid Kenny Moore. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't remember NOT paying for a good OL and ruining a HOF career, right? Like literally that JUST happened and your idea for being successful is to NOT pay for VERY good lineman? Insane and makes me not take these discussions seriously. 

I don't care that you don't understand analytics. Woodson not understanding analytics is probably his biggest downfall. 

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

You aren't very good at this 

My graph is the only one that matters. His job is to build a winning team: he has failed, for the first 7 years. 

I’m sorry the facts don’t support your narrative…

10 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

My graph is the only one that matters. His job is to build a winning team: he has failed, for the first 7 years. 

I’m sorry the facts don’t support your narrative…

It's not. lol 

The facts are he does. Literally lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's not. lol 

The facts are he does. Literally lol 

The only fact that matters is winning. He has not put together a team capable of doing that over his first 7 years. Literally.

Maybe he’ll finally turn the corner this year and win a division and/or a playoff game…

24 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

The only fact that matters is winning. He has not put together a team capable of doing that over his first 7 years. Literally.

Maybe he’ll finally turn the corner this year and win a division and/or a playoff game…

That is an absurd opinion. His job is to put talent on the field, factually speaking, he's done that very well. 

The team and coaches win games, sorry for your confusion. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

That is an absurd opinion. His job is to put talent on the field, factually speaking, he's done that very well. 

The team and coaches win games, sorry for your confusion. 

Chris Ballard picked the team and the coaches.

His hires.

They have failed = he has failed.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

You think 54-60-1 with no division titles and one playoff victory in 7 seasons is a good record ? 

Oh you feel that way? I'm surprised. You haven't mentioned much about it. I sure hope you're willing to tell us more. 

Sorry graphs/information bother you. 

Netflix joining the NFL streaming fray. Both Christmas Day games this year will be on Netflix....so now we have Peacock, Amazon, Netflix....and if you stream ESPN.

Plan the Christmas host house wisely this  year. Grandma and Grandpa may not have Netflix.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Netflix joining the NFL streaming fray. Both Christmas Day games this year will be on Netflix....so now we have Peacock, Amazon, Netflix....and if you stream ESPN.

Plan the Christmas host house wisely this  year. Grandma and Grandpa may not have Netflix.

Are there just two? Or 2 of the 3 Xmas day games? 

I hope there are 3. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It almost makes me miss the days of only having 4 or 5 channels to choose from. At least then it was easy to keep track on what channels all the games were on. This greed from these leagues are getting out of hand and it will make people spend to much money to get these games. I haven't cut the cord but wasn't the reason why people did it was to save money. Now sports fans probably will spend as much as when they had cable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It almost makes me miss the days of only having 4 or 5 channels to choose from. At least then it was easy to keep track on what channels all the games were on. This greed from these leagues are getting out of hand and it will make people spend to much money to get these games. I haven't cut the cord but wasn't the reason why people did it was to save money. Now sports fans probably will spend as much as when they had cable.

Do you have Netflix? 

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ugh. That is all. Just, ugh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Are there just two? Or 2 of the 3 Xmas day games? 

I hope there are 3. 

Just two. I think they wanted to max it out but with 4 teams now having to play the Saturday before to allow an extra day I think the NFL decided 2 games only was enough.

Bears schedule rumors/leaks I have come across thus far...

vs. Titans week 1

vs. Texans week 2 Sunday Night Football

vs. Colts week 3

vs. Rams week 4

vs Panthers week 5

vs. Jags in England week 6

vs. Detroit Thanksgiving

vs. Seattle Thursday Night Football 12/26

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

vs. Titans week 1

vs. Colts week 3

vs. Rams week 4

vs Panthers week 5

vs. Detroit Thanksgiving

I've got a buddy who sent me what he thinks it is. I tried to go absolutely pessimistic and the worst I could do was 9-8....the best is a whole lot better. 

Biggest keys to schedule will be stealing one on the road in weeks 2 or 3. Beating Jacksonville in London, and again winning 2 on the road in weeks 13-15. Not at Detroit on Thanksgiving Day in week 13...but week 14 at Arizona (home game that time of year), week 15 at Minnesota. 

Strange thing is no division opponents until week 11 which might be a good thing. Let Caleb develop.

Don't think I recall 3 straight road games in week 13-15.

PS gang...week 14 has people on byes. Fantasy football implications if you want league to be done by 16. If you start it in week 15...reminder that week 17 has games on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

vs. Titans week 1

vs. Colts week 3

vs. Rams week 4

vs Panthers week 5

vs. Detroit Thanksgiving

Funny they make a big deal about having the schedule revealing show but a lot of it gets leaked before the show

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Funny they make a big deal about having the schedule revealing show but a lot of it gets leaked before the show

Yeah normally I don’t even care about finding out the schedules a day or two early but was curious this year because Bears play colts in Indy and depending on family schedules I am hoping to go…I was hoping they played later in season as daughter has soccer in the fall so we’ll see.