2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You need to watch more film and learn more film to truly evaluate what he does.  He is far better than decent.

No thank you, I have better things to do. I watch every game and listen to people who know w they are talking about. 

Wr won't agree on this so I am out.

Let's just order thos Super Bowl tickets since this is the best roster in the NFL

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Not one of those guys knows a damn thing about football.  Good lord.  

How about a guy who coached in the NFL for over 40 years and who is an announcer for the Colts. Venturi has been very critical of some of his moves or better say lack of moves. He also is down on Bradley as the DC. I know his record as HC was bad but he was an interim with the Colts after a horrible start to the season. He also worked under two of the best coaches of all time in Beicheat and Saban.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No thank you, I have better things to do. I watch every game and listen to people who know w they are talking about. 

Wr won't agree on this so I am out.

Let's just order thos Super Bowl tickets since this is the best roster in the NFL

JMV and Dakich know what they're talking about? Man.  

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

How about a guy who coached in the NFL for over 40 years and who is an announcer for the Colts. Venturi has been very critical of some of his moves or better say lack of moves. He also is down on Bradley as the DC. I know his record as HC was bad but he was an interim with the Colts after a horrible start to the season. He also worked under two of the best coaches of all time in Beicheat and Saban.

Omg.  This guy as your source again? Dude might have been the worst NFL football coach ever... and you're just riding with him? 

Didn't he even get fired from doing our radio? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Omg.  This guy as your source again? Dude might have been the worst NFL football coach ever... and you're just riding with him? 

Didn't he even get fired from doing our radio? 

As a HC he was but he must have been good enough to stick around the NFL for 40 years. There has been plenty of assistants who were very good who didn't do well as a HC. I am sorry I will take his word over a guy on a message board

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought you were done?

Venturi is great but you just moved the goalposts to a different topic than I was talking about specifically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

He cannot go win the games for them. Absolute fact. He puts talent on the field, the graph confirms that. Argue a wall. 

If he’s drafted players that can’t win more than half their games, he has drafted mediocre players. Making him a mediocre GM. Not bad, not great. 

PFF grades don’t win games. 

7 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

If he’s drafted players that can’t win more than half their games, he has drafted mediocre players. Making him a mediocre GM. Not bad, not great. 

PFF grades don’t win games. 

He isn't outside of the Top 10. 

17 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Hopefully his record will reflect that at some point. 

lol... as the graph shows, he does his part of the equation and does it well. Now that they hit a HR at QB--- that will be amplified. 

Edited by btownqb

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

lol... as the graph shows, he does his part of the equation and does it well. Now that they hit a HR at QB--- that will be amplified. 

His “part of the equation” is getting players and coaches who can win divisions and playoff games. 

8 years in, he has failed. 

4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

His “part of the equation” is getting players and coaches who can win divisions and playoff games. 

8 years in, he has failed. 

ummm no, those two groups need to make it function. He did his job. The graph shows that. He's the GM, not the Head Coach. 

Having a top 8 roster of supporting casts over a 5-6 yr time frame is literally putting players on a team good enough to win divisions and playoff games. Like 100% that's what that graph tells you. 

If my kid struggles in math I'm not going to blame the principal. 

I'll blame myself and possibly the teacher. 

------------------------------------

I'd HIGHLY doubt players blame Chris Ballard for their own lack of "winning divisions or playoff games"

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ummm no, those two groups need to make it function. He did his job. The graph shows that. He's the GM, not the Head Coach. 

Having a top 8 roster of supporting casts over a 5-6 yr time frame is literally putting players on a team good enough to win divisions and playoff games. Like 100% that's what that graph tells you. 

Top 8 rosters win playoff games and divisions. He has failed to bring in winning players and coaches, at least thru the first 7 seasons. 

I can show you a graph showing the colts had ONE top 100 player last year. 

36 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Top 8 rosters win playoff games and divisions. He has failed to bring in winning players and coaches, at least thru the first 7 seasons. 

I can show you a graph showing the colts had ONE top 100 player last year. 

So coaching? Its not Ballard's part of the equation where the Colts organization was lacking. 

And that's laughable... there is no less than 6 on that roster.  

Edited by btownqb

I’ve been reading this one but haven’t had a chance to weigh in.  I think Ballard is good at what he does but yes playoff wins haven’t been there.  A big part of that is because they just haven’t had the QB.  Reich/Wentz didn’t work out.  Rivers didn’t stay a second year like the Colts hoped.  AR got hurt.  The Colts are a well run organization.  So much better than the Cardinals, Panthers, Browns, Jets, and on and on.  But yes not as good as the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, and Niners to name a few.  But I’m willing to give Ballard a little more time and continuity to see how AR plays out.  
Note: we see how well run organizations like the Steelers do when they don’t have an elite QB.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 5:02 PM, btownqb said:

Then post it. And not an opinion oriented one. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-players-of-2023-nos-10-1-patrick-mahomes-justin-jefferson

Top 100 players, as voted on by the players. 

Here’s another one: 

AFC South Champions

Year Winner Record Result
2023 Texans 10-7 Lost Div
2022 Jaguars 9-8 Lost Div
2021 Titans 12-5 Lost Div
2020 Titans 11-5 Lost WC
2019 Texans 10-6 Lost Div
2018 Texans 11-5 Lost WC
2017 Jaguars 10-6 Lost CC
2016 Texans 9-7 Lost Div
2015 Texans 9-7 Lost WC
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-players-of-2023-nos-10-1-patrick-mahomes-justin-jefferson

Top 100 players, as voted on by the players. 

Here’s another one: 

AFC South Champions

Year Winner Record Result
2023 Texans 10-7 Lost Div
2022 Jaguars 9-8 Lost Div
2021 Titans 12-5 Lost Div
2020 Titans 11-5 Lost WC
2019 Texans 10-6 Lost Div
2018 Texans 11-5 Lost WC
2017 Jaguars 10-6 Lost CC
2016 Texans 9-7 Lost Div
2015 Texans 9-7 Lost WC

You aren't very good at this 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

You aren't very good at this 

Still don't understand how you think Ballard has done a good job and shouldn't be fired yet you wanted Woodson fired. Woodson has been more successful as the coach at IU than Ballard has been with the Colts

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand how you think Ballard has done a good job and shouldn't be fired yet you wanted Woodson fired. Woodson has been more successful as the coach at IU than Ballard has been with the Colts

He hasn't. Plus his job is easier to a lot easier.