Around the B1G/NCAA

49 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I despise PU as much as the rest of you, but the bottom line is that for the second year in a row, we're not going dancing 

:(

Don't let that get in the way of unleashing your inner Purdue Sucks.  Plenty of time to hate on the Toiletmakers.

Won't be long until IU is dancing...keep the faith.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Ok seriously where are these teams getting these large 7 footers and why can't Indiana get in on them. Maybe we need to start poaching from across the Ocean. Michigan's 7 footer Teskey was awesome and helped make Hammond very uncomfrotable. 

Hammons has been gone for 2 years. 

My bad guys. I meant to say Haas. It's been a long day. If anything that should show how irrelevant Purdue really is. I can always count on them to blow it so even if we had problems this year I can take solice in that fact. Sorry Boiler had to take my little jab. None the less I hope CAM can find one of these guys redshift him and bring him along as need be and start adding big guys to our rotation for years to come. I know Davis got hurt but even with him being hurt we shouldn't have to play two 6'8 guys for the center and power forward position with our backups being 6'6" and three guards. 

11 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I'd rather be "proud" of a winner

So you can't be proud of a team unless they win a championships.  So are you saying that you only have been proud of an IU team 5 times in the history of IU basketball.. I was very proud of the 89 team as well as the 91-94 teams yet they never won a championship.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you can't be proud of a team unless they win a championships.  So are you saying that you only have been proud of an IU team 5 times in the history of IU basketball.. I was very proud of the 89 team as well as the 91-94 teams yet they never won a championship.

Never said that there had to be any qualifications just said I'd rather be proud of a winner. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I read I was expecting him to be a lot better than what he actually showed this year.

Yeah, I don’t think Archie will go after him. He was pretty underwhelming this year, and Frazier looks like their PG of the future.  They also have Ayo Dosunmu coming in next year, 5 star guard out of Chicago.  Smith probably saw the writing on the wall.

59 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

2017 Illinois Mr. Basketball Mark Smith transferring out of Illinois.  Crean recruited him a bit before he was fired, IIRC.

I alluded to this in transfer thread on recruiting side this morning. Won't be the first to leave Illinois this off season. By the way....vastly overrated Mr. Illinois. How he won is still a guess. With that said...losing Mr. Basketball after one year of new head coach....isn't a good look.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I read I was expecting him to be a lot better than what he actually showed this year.

I put part of that on the coach.  I would not be at all surprised that he looks considerably better elsewhere.  I just think he was a bad fit for the Illini. (not that I think he's be a good fit at IU...no opinion on that).

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I put part of that on the coach.  I would not be at all surprised that he looks considerably better elsewhere.  I just think he was a bad fit for the Illini. (not that I think he's be a good fit at IU...no opinion on that).

He might be better served to go to Illinois St or  a Southern Illinois than go to another high major program.

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The last in a long time? Care to elaborate on that?

I'll take a stab. Purdue has very little talent on next years roster and will have a much tougher time getting talent going forward. Also, Matt Painter is still your coach and probably will be for St least five years. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll take a stab. Purdue has very little talent on next years roster and will have a much tougher time getting talent going forward. Also, Matt Painter is still your coach and probably will be for St least five years. 

I disagree. Not sure why it’ll be much tougher. It’s not like Purdue has any in-state studs on the roster this year. He can and will recruit outside of the state and I think he can be successful doing that. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I disagree. Not sure why it’ll be much tougher. It’s not like Purdue has any in-state studs on the roster this year. He can and will recruit outside of the state and I think he can be successful doing that. 

Then why does he have a roster full of doo doo next season?

Archived