Penn State post game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Wait... why isn't this the way you're suppose to coach? 

Just meaning from everything I've read about how he was supposed to act and the way our society is. All calm cool and collected always clapping only positive reinforcement everyone gets a participation trophy etc. But seriously I loved it. I have been waiting for Archie to really just start to blow up some on the guys. I think Archie hates to lose and he was fed up with it. It reminds me of a locker room talk from Bob Knight to his players that you can find on youtube. Like that was the way I was brought up and in sports and how I noticed to be the most effective. You'd screw up your coach got ticked off showed emotion and usually would get in your face about it too then punish you by not playing you for a little while. Then after they cooled down would bring you over explain it to you and send you back out there waiting for the next teaching moment. 

Another note from being at the game, I could not see the balcony above me (was in Section B) but the balcony across the court and most of the area in the main level that is under the overhang of the balcony across from me was empty today.  It was a good 5 rows of seats in the top few areas of main that were empty.  I believe those are all student tickets.  I know we have not been winning as much lately, but if the students are not going to show up for a game against a top 10 team on the weekend, the school really needs to consider taking those tickets back from them.

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Another note from being at the game, I could not see the balcony above me (was in Section B) but the balcony across the court and most of the area in the main level that is under the overhang of the balcony across from me was empty today.  It was a good 5 rows of seats in the top few areas of main that were empty.  I believe those are all student tickets.  I know we have not been winning as much lately, but if the students are not going to show up for a game against a top 10 team on the weekend, the school really needs to consider taking those tickets back from them.

Noon start on Sunday. Too many hangovers 

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Agreed.  There are thousands of IU fans that would love to get their hands on tickets.  If IU wants the best home court it can have, it needs to ensure butts are in every seat.  

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

His kind of shi”posting style”t is why I went looking for another alternative and found this place. I’ll not even open that other site again. 

HSN, please don’t let this sight smell as bad as that other one, ever! 

Joe.  First of all.  Thanks for becoming a member last December.  Just want you to know that HSN has established a responsible culture. In fact, Colonial Crestor originated HSN precisely because of that. We have gone through three iterations now. But never have given up on our desire to allow members to have civil discussions without attacking or being disruptive of others.   Recently we had a disruptive poster removed, for failure to heed warnings. Not what we want. As we are welcoming to all new posters. Even ones from other fan boards and sites.  All of our mods are tolerant. Up to a point. Having been associated with Colonial Crestor who owns this site, and keeps it free for all members, for a decade plus now, I can assure you, he will make the proper decision to maintain one of the foundations in which Hoosier Sports Nation was created.

I have been a doubter as well. And I am a little more than cautiously optimistic. I learned last year that my frustrations were best left diverted away from 18-22 year olds, and have tried to stay as positive as possible. I feel like we are at a crossroads of the Archie Miller era. There has been so much to like, yet so much to question. A down for every up. Literally two steps forward and one step back. My hope? That the corner has finally been turned. I hope that today’s game was a self-fulfilling prophecy of this season. Starting with energy. (14-4) Inexplicable lethargy and lack of effort ( Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin) and hopefully finishing strong ( overcoming the 30-5 (??!!!!) run and winning in the end. I hope that this team understands how much this rabid fan base will get behind them if they give their all. WIN or LOSE. I hope that they see the unlimited potential when they DO play with all they can muster. To quote Morgan Freeman in Shawshank, I hope. Finish Strong IU!!!!!

Another great win! While you certainly don’t like giving up a 30-5 run, I actually think the way the game played out, minus some of the late turnovers, was actually better for the team. They’re learning toughness, effort and passion work, and it also allows the coaching staff to still keep the pressure on them and provide teachable moments after a win. 

This team has 8 guys I feel really comfortable with on the floor right now, and that's enough to win a lot of games. 

Let's win three of these next four and a couple in the B1G Tournament, then maybe mess around and win two in the dance. 

No matter the struggles have been, we are absolutely following the Lose Big, Lose Small, Win Small and (hopefully) Win Big trajectory with Archie. Most of the program's I look at and hope we are like have a similar pattern. 

Little late to this thread but I sat and watched us piss away a huge early lead.  Let me tell you I am proud of the boys.  They could have hung their heads and just gave up but they didn't.  They played with energy, fight, and determination.  Keep it going young men.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Little late to this thread but I sat and watched us piss away a huge early lead.  Let me tell you I am proud of the boys.  They could have hung their heads and just gave up but they didn't.  They played with energy, fight, and determination.  Keep it going young men.

The real question is how many beers were consumed during that 30-5 run? Go HOOSIERS!

On 2/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, milehiiu said:

16xp-iwojima-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&aut

Today is the 75th anniversary of our proud marines raising the American flag on Iwo  Jima.  It was a struggle, that in the end our men won.

Today our Indiana men raised a flag over the Big Ten Conference.  Saying we are not done yet.  It too was a struggle. But in the end, again, our men won.

Thank you. I had that picture painted on the wall of my US HISTORY classroom by a granddaughter of  WWII vet. 

In honor Ayden and I watched Midway and had a Pacific theater history PowerPoint lesson

I highly recommend Midway. Woody Harrelson is a great Chester Nimitz 

Archived