Coronavirus

Reacher

9 minutes ago, rico said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/china-researchers-isolated-bat-coronaviruses-near-/

China claims that the deadly virus did not escape from its biolab,” Mr. Mosher said. “Fine. Prove it by releasing the research records of the Wuhan lab.”

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I’d like to add that while people love a good conspiracy theory, how many on a scale of this magnitude have ever proven to be true? The holocaust didn’t exist? Somebody else killed JFK? 911 was an inside job? Bigfoot? The loch-ness monster? The supposed mind control facility in Alaska?

14 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’d like to add that while people love a good conspiracy theory, how many on a scale of this magnitude have ever proven to be true? The holocaust didn’t exist? Somebody else killed JFK? 911 was an inside job? Bigfoot? The loch-ness monster? The supposed mind control facility in Alaska?

I think a few conspiracy theories have an element of truth that gets wildly exaggerated.  I posted a video a page or 2 back that was a pretty thorough and believable explanation. 

I absolutely believe this escaped the laboratory in Wuhan, but unintentionally, by researchers being contaminated and unaware of it. 

20 hours ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

I did see that. The lady that sponsored it, while i'm sure was hounded by some business leaders, is getting pounded with negative public opinion on this. 

The response from our Governor "you want to sue me for trying to save lives? I'm a former lawyer, bring it on'. People loved this. He has afternoon news briefings everyday that have raised quite a following, I do have to commend the way he is taking TO the people.

Why's it his job to filter himself? 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

43 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think a few conspiracy theories have an element of truth that gets wildly exaggerated. 

That's part of the conspirators advantage. Truth gets mixed with fiction and the truth gets lost.

While I think many of the JFK assassination conspiracy theories are crackpot, there are still a myriad of questions that have never been answered to my satisfaction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's part of the conspirators advantage. Truth gets mixed with fiction and the truth gets lost.

While I think many of the JFK assassination conspiracy theories are crackpot, there are still a myriad of questions that have never been answered to my satisfaction.

And just like JFK, I feel that this particular "incident" will be scrutinized many years into the future.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

You can watch JFK the movie and come to a lot of conclusions. Or you can watch a History Channel show that explains the mystery of the 'magic bullet'  (for example) is not really a mystery - it was a clear shot. The movie overlooked the fact that the back seat was elevated up higher than the front seat. When they leave out this bit of info it looks like the bullet's trajectory wasn't straight.  This one tiny thing (a matter of inches) can plant the seed of doubt.

By asking more questions than you are answering and/or sources leave out bits of confirmed fact (whether intentional or overlooked) to fit an agenda you can make you can easily make people question that most rational conclusion. When that happens conspiracies are born.

It's natural for human imaginations to run wild when the conclusions aren't being produced to their satisfaction. 

New York City has already set up 45 new mobile morgues. Local crematories are now allowed to work around the clock. At one Brooklyn hospital, the in-house morgue was filled to capacity on Tuesday. The next day, the nursing staff ran out of body bags.

As the coronavirus epidemic enters its second month, the casualties in New York are starting to severely tax the city’s ability to accommodate its dead. With more than 1,000 deaths so far and thousands more projected, city officials are working hard to stave off an emergency.

In the past few days, the city’s medical examiner’s office has taken over the collection of bodies, dispatching the fleet of new refrigerated trailers to hospitals in all five boroughs, some of whose morgues have already filled up. Funeral homes are becoming backed up. And, running on smaller staffs, cemeteries and crematories are scrambling to keep up with demand.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You can watch JFK the movie and come to a lot of conclusions. Or you can watch a History Channel show that explains the mystery of the 'magic bullet'  (for example) is not really a mystery - it was a clear shot. The movie overlooked the fact that the back seat was elevated up higher than the front seat. When they leave out this bit of info it looks like the bullet's trajectory wasn't straight.  This one tiny thing (a matter of inches) can plant the seed of doubt.

By asking more questions than you are answering and/or sources leave out bits of confirmed fact (whether intentional or overlooked) to fit an agenda you can make you can easily make people question that most rational conclusion. When that happens conspiracies are born.

It's natural for human imaginations to run wild when the conclusions aren't being produced to their satisfaction. 

Oh, I've read my fair share on the subject, the best being "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. He asserts the Oswald was the lone gunman (which I believe) and lays out his case very well (I've also watched "JFK" which I consider trash, and the History Channel documentary that you referenced, which I thought was quite good, and very true)..

But Posner leaves a few loose ends about Oswald's contacts and movements by either glossing them over with flimsy details, or outright dismissing them...his commentary on Ruby is weak as well...

Edited by IUFLA

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Down here in Georgia the Governor cancelled all schools for the rest of the year last night. Also extended the non-essential shutdown until the 13th of April. 

A good friend of ours had left NYC to stay with her family right before all this started. She's now hospitalized in Atlanta with COVID-19 and they just started her on hydroxychloroquine regime. She's in her 30s and healthy, so hoping for the best.

• Sad 4

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My buddy is hearing the governor is about to cancel school the rest of the year.  We shall see.  

She did for this school season....but said nothing other than school will take back up in the Fall.  I saw her presser.

10 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

A good friend of ours had left NYC to stay with her family right before all this started. She's now hospitalized in Atlanta with COVID-19 and they just started her on hydroxychloroquine regime. She's in her 30s and healthy, so hoping for the best.

Hope all goes well! Keep us posted on the medicine trial, will be interesting to see how it turns out. (praying for the best) Having worked in the Medical Device industry before, this Live Patient trial  going on is unprecedented! 

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Hope all goes well! Keep us posted on the medicine trial, will be interesting to see how it turns out. (praying for the best) Having worked in the Medical Device industry before, this Live Patient trial  going on is unprecedented! 

It's crazy, isn't it? I work in healthcare research and actually run an innovations and delivery science center. This kind of "well, let's try it" trial is unprecedented, but we can all agree that we really don't have a choice if it's showing even a glimmer of promise.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The thing that jumps out at me from that map Is the case rate on the west coast is not nearly as bad as the east coast but both have huge metropolitan areas. 

I will post it if I find the article but the gist was 8 unique strains have been identified.  Wuhan strain is on the west coast and they have found a strain they tracked from China, to Europe, then New York.  Which could explain why New York is getting hit so heavily because when it started to flair up in Italy I read Italians were leaving to stay with family in NYC. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1