Coronavirus

Reacher

50 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

It's crazy, isn't it? I work in healthcare research and actually run an innovations and delivery science center. This kind of "well, let's try it" trial is unprecedented, but we can all agree that we really don't have a choice if it's showing even a glimmer of promise.

Who knows, this may end up being one of the positives to come out of it! I know in medical device, when you want to get something approved you go to Europe or Australia and others because their medical approval  bureaucracy is no were near as restrictive as the FDA!   It's possible some of that bureaucracy gets cleaned up!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Which could explain why New York is getting hit so heavily because when it started to flair up in Italy I read Italians were leaving to stay with family in NYC. 

Funny story (or not funny I guess) - when this starting being kind of serious here in NYC and Italy was starting to be hit really heard, my wife and I were out in the West Village at a sidewalk cafe having drinks. We were kind of treating it as our last hurrah before hunkering down at home. There was a table pretty close to me and the guy was coughing. After a bit, my wife said "Are they speaking Italian?" I listened and realized yep, they were. I spent the rest of the time kind of leaning towards my wife and away from the Italian couple. 😳

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The thing that jumps out at me from that map Is the case rate on the west coast is not nearly as bad as the east coast but both have huge metropolitan areas. 

I will post it if I find the article but the gist was 8 unique strains have been identified.  Wuhan strain is on the west coast and they have found a strain they tracked from China, to Europe, then New York.  Which could explain why New York is getting hit so heavily because when it started to flair up in Italy I read Italians were leaving to stay with family in NYC. 

Makes sense. Same could be said for Asian influence in Seattle and surrounding area. Not saying it's the reason...but certainly worth a conversation.

• Like 1

Brooklyn Landlord Waives April Rent for Tenants

A landlord in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, told tenants not to worry about paying April rent this week.

Mario Salerno said many of his tenants started calling him to say they were worried about not being able to make rent. 

“I told them just relax, don’t panic, it’s gonna work out,” said Salerno, a 59-year old born and raised on Metropolitan Avenue.

Salerno owns 80 apartments and said 30 percent of his 200-plus tenants have taken advantage of the rent waiver.

“Just make sure you have food on the table. Take care of your loved ones, your family. If they have any pets make sure the pets got food,” Salerno told his renters.  “As far as me, God is good to me. I’m successful.”

• Like 4

22 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

You can watch JFK the movie and come to a lot of conclusions. Or you can watch a History Channel show that explains the mystery of the 'magic bullet'  (for example) is not really a mystery - it was a clear shot. The movie overlooked the fact that the back seat was elevated up higher than the front seat. When they leave out this bit of info it looks like the bullet's trajectory wasn't straight.  This one tiny thing (a matter of inches) can plant the seed of doubt.

By asking more questions than you are answering and/or sources leave out bits of confirmed fact (whether intentional or overlooked) to fit an agenda you can make you can easily make people question that most rational conclusion. When that happens conspiracies are born.

It's natural for human imaginations to run wild when the conclusions aren't being produced to their satisfaction. 

The JFK assassination is the most fascinating single event in us history for me. After reading and watching just about everything I cannot say with confidence that Oswald acted alone.  The statement from the ER DR at Parkland Memorial hospital that there were entry wounds from 2 different directions is very hard to overlook.  America needed a killer and they had him with Oswald. 

Some info for all on the CARES Act / Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and SBA's Interim Final Rule. Just info, please don't take as legal advice. Thanks.

PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

PPP Information Sheet attached. Gives a general overview of the PPP, with links. Note, the "All businesses" with 500 or few employees can apply statement is misleading. There are specific exclusions such as for lenders, in the Code of Federal Regulations, as confirmed in the SBA's Interim Final Rule. The SBA field offices are following the Interim Final Rule, at this point. 

Here's a link to the Interim Final Rule. https://content.sba.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/PPP--IFRN FINAL.pdf

The PPP program overview begins at III on pg. 4. Information for Borrower eligibility begins at III (2), page 5. Ineligibility discussion begins at III(2)(b) on page 7. the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) identifies businesses that are ineligible at 13 CFR 120.110, as noted on page 8.

The application window opened today. SBA lenders are swamped and there is a cap on funding, even though it's a lot of money. If you / your business wants to request a loan under the PPP, you should get your application in ASAP. Btw, a number of SBA approved lenders remain confused, the SBA's guidance is not the best.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The JFK assassination is the most fascinating single event in us history for me. After reading and watching just about everything I cannot say with confidence that Oswald acted alone.  The statement from the ER DR at Parkland Memorial hospital that there were entry wounds from 2 different directions is very hard to overlook.  America needed a killer and they had him with Oswald. 

I have never and will never believe that Oswald shot Kennedy. Kennedy was the head of the snake and he got axed by those who hated both him and his brother. You kill his brother first and you have the most powerful man in the world to deal with. You kill the President first and Bobby becomes insignificant. And for the record I do believe the government was involved. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I have never and will never believe that Oswald shot Kennedy. Kennedy was the head of the snake and he got axed by those who hated both him and his brother. You kill his brother first and you have the most powerful man in the world to deal with. You kill the President first and Bobby becomes insignificant. And for the record I do believe the government was involved. 

I don't  know anything about the assassinations' other than what I saw on the news at the time. I do remember my High School math teacher telling stories and maybe that's all they were. Said he used to be a cryptographer and every year he had to take a lie detector test with the FBI to insure he wasn't giving away state secrets. The only thing he ever said about the Kennedy's, was when the Bay of Pigs was going down Bobby was running the show because JFK was out chasing woman!

38 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Some info for all on the CARES Act / Payroll Protection Program (PPP), and SBA's Interim Final Rule. Just info, please don't take as legal advice. Thanks.

PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf 223.27 kB · 1 download

PPP Information Sheet attached. Gives a general overview of the PPP, with links. Note, the "All businesses" with 500 or few employees can apply statement is misleading. There are specific exclusions such as for lenders, in the Code of Federal Regulations, as confirmed in the SBA's Interim Final Rule. The SBA field offices are following the Interim Final Rule, at this point. 

Here's a link to the Interim Final Rule. https://content.sba.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/PPP--IFRN FINAL.pdf

The PPP program overview begins at III on pg. 4. Information for Borrower eligibility begins at III (2), page 5. Ineligibility discussion begins at III(2)(b) on page 7. the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) identifies businesses that are ineligible at 13 CFR 120.110, as noted on page 8.

The application window opened today. SBA lenders are swamped and there is a cap on funding, even though it's a lot of money. If you / your business wants to request a loan under the PPP, you should get your application in ASAP. Btw, a number of SBA approved lenders remain confused, the SBA's guidance is not the best.

I also learned, from my bank at least, that you have to be a customer to get the loan. Then I heard on the news you can’t go to any bank. If you have no existing business at a bank they’re not going to loan to you because their afraid of fraud...you need that existing relationship. 

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I also learned, from my bank at least, that you have to be a customer to get the loan. Then I heard on the news you can’t go to any bank. If you have no existing business at a bank they’re not going to loan to you because their afraid of fraud...you need that existing relationship. 

banks have to be SBA-approved lenders but there is a lack of understanding and guidance right now. Many banks are still figuring this out. For that matter, the current interim rule excludes the lenders from themselves seeking a loan under the PPP, while the banks and credit unions are themselves, of course, going through this along with all other businesses, and very much need the financial assistance. There are lots and lots of local and community banks and credit unions who otherwise would qualify. I imagine that will get addressed in the near future. 

Day 10 under official quarantine...toilet paper supply in town still very low...scrounged a 12 pack to add to my supply...transferred from truck to bathroom after dark wrapped in blanket so I wouldn't alert the neighbors I had struck gold.  

As a last resort here are some options

https://youtu.be/o0kydrA1-04

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

banks have to be SBA-approved lenders but there is a lack of understanding and guidance right now. Many banks are still figuring this out. For that matter, the current interim rule excludes the lenders from themselves seeking a loan under the PPP, while the banks and credit unions are themselves, of course, going through this along with all other businesses, and very much need the financial assistance. There are lots and lots of local and community banks and credit unions who otherwise would qualify. I imagine that will get addressed in the near future. 

Here's what I'm seeing today. Bank of America is the only bank up and running. They are also only giving loans to businesses with past loans or lines of credit. I'm a Chase and PNC guy and neither institution had the ability to do a thing today. Also...if I'm a BOA customer and didn't get a chance to get $ because it was already accounted for by larger clients/companies,etc.....I'd be shopping for a new bank tomorrow morning.

• Thanks 1