Purdue Postgame Thread

KDB

9 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

I don’t get some logic around here. Green is the easy target to hate on, but for us to win we need him to score. Brunk isn’t the problem, coaching and terrible scheme is the problem.

As far as Archie, he is a terrible coach. I would take Painter in a heart beat over Archie.  That probably doesn’t go good over on the roses and daisy's platform.  The fact that he still starts Durham and Smith is unbelievable. The fact that he makes zero halftime adjustments is even more unbelievable. The fact that he can’t set an offense to handle a double team is even more unbelievable. The fact that he still tells has his bigs hedge on a ball screen 30 feet from the basket is even more unbelievable.

The starting lineup should be: Rob, Green, Brunk, Jackson, and Race. First guys off the bench should be Franklin, Hunter, and then Smith. Durham shouldn’t see the court.

You lost me with Brunk in the starting lineup or in the lineup at all.  He is the single player that I can’t stand to watch in the last 10 games & I wonder if he lost that eye of the tiger that got him early success.  He is broker than broke right now and you can see it in his demeanor that he has NO confidence or game right now.  

Who is Jackson?  You could tell Franklin lost his legs w/ lack of playing time and the amount of fall downs.  Hunter got a taste of what big time basketball is all about and struggled.  Smith continues to turn the ball over forcing things but makes an occasional play. Durham is exactly that Durham, a limited player.  Even superstar Race Thompson showed flashes but couldn’t put the ball in the hoop.

List could go on and on but I choose to tip my cap to Purdue for wanting it more.  Not bad for a very bad team!  On to Illinois 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

I don’t get some logic around here. Green is the easy target to hate on, but for us to win we need him to score. Brunk isn’t the problem, coaching and terrible scheme is the problem.

As far as Archie, he is a terrible coach. I would take Painter in a heart beat over Archie.  That probably doesn’t go good over on the roses and daisy's platform.  The fact that he still starts Durham and Smith is unbelievable. The fact that he makes zero halftime adjustments is even more unbelievable. The fact that he can’t set an offense to handle a double team is even more unbelievable. The fact that he still tells has his bigs hedge on a ball screen 30 feet from the basket is even more unbelievable.

The starting lineup should be: Rob, Green, Brunk, Jackson, and Race. First guys off the bench should be Franklin, Hunter, and then Smith. Durham shouldn’t see the court.

Tough to take a post serious when you say Jackson should be in our starting 5. Did we add somebody the rest of us don’t know about? 

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

0-6 against your teams most hated rival. That’ll get you fired at ND and USC in football...probably many other blue bloods as well. *note- I’m not advocating for a firing. It’s just mind boggling.

Least PU is instate but If we lose at home to WISCONSIN, it be best if I lose my phone.  I HATE WISCONSIN 

If anybody thinks Archie is a good coach, or that Green and Brunk is our problem, then get ready for three more years of s***. I just love how Durham and Smith run down the court looking cool. A bunch of cupcakes. Soft, zero care, and are just going through the motions. 

Im just glad Archie wanted to run a play when there was less than a minute left, haha. Maybe try to rip your players with no drive or heart in the locker room Archie, don’t try to rip Bruiser when he tells you how bad of a coach you are on the sidelines.

Its a sunk ship.

20 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

You lost me with Brunk.  He is the single player that I can’t stand to watch in the last 10 games & I wonder if he lost that eye of the tiger that got him early success.  

I think part of the answer with Brunk losing, as you put it,  “the eye of the tiger” is:

Early success/fools gold - He looked good for the most part against 7 bad non-conference teams with few good big men and two close games against rather mediocre teams (ND and UCONN).

Last 10 games - Big Ten competition.

Brunk will contribute again against certain match-ups, I’m glad we picked him up, he seems to be a good team-guy, etc., but he is better suited as a decent back-up with fouls to give rather than a starter. Not a knock on him as every team needs those type of guys.

We lost the game in the first half when we should have been up 15 at the half, but our shooting was dreadful. Can’t fault the D or the effort. Disappointed bc the game was winnable, but as @Seeking6 said, better shooters and better recruits are coming, which means better teams. I fault CAM for not having another PG on the roster or a shooter, but I also give him credit for getting this team to fight most of the time when he has upperclassmen (DG and AD) that essentially work against him with their poor decision making over and over again. We need Lander badly NEXT year. And we need to add a grad transfer shooter. If CAM can pull that off, then next year will be exciting. I see progress, but I also see a lack of talent right now. 

43 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Tough to take a post serious when you say Jackson should be in our starting 5. Did we add somebody the rest of us don’t know about? 

Oh s*** I forgot, Jackson-Davis for the PC crowd. It might be the problem with this board, “don’t ruffle feathers or else it’s a bad board”. Grow up bud, you knew what I was saying.  

IU will be fine, it’s just one game, Archie needs his players, etc... when does it stop? IU isn’t fine, Archie is over his britches, and we are staring down 4 years at the minimum to get back to relevance.

26 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

If anybody thinks Archie is a good coach, or that Green and Brunk is our problem, then get ready for three more years of shit. I just love how Durham and Smith run down the court looking cool. A bunch of cupcakes. Soft, zero care, and are just going through the motions. 

Im just glad Archie wanted to run a play when there was less than a minute left, haha. Maybe try to rip your players with no drive or heart in the locker room Archie, don’t try to rip Bruiser when he tells you how bad of a coach you are on the sidelines.

Its a sunk ship.

Please go back to Peegs.

No one here is happy, but you’re acting like a child. If you want to add something substantive to the conversation, then please go ahead... but until then, you’re just being ridiculous. I mean really? You really think Smith and Durham don’t care? Like they don’t have anything at stake? Or they don’t know what’s at stake for our team? Give me a break.

They fought hard.  It's hard not to like what the future holds.  At this point, I go all in with Armaan over Green if I'm Arch.  We were dictating the game in the first half until Green came in.  He's just soooooo erratic and his flashes of brilliance are swallowed by turnovers and bad shots.  It's really quite frustrating because he sees the floor and he's capable of taking what the defense gives him, but he just can't help himself with the flashy play or the off balance shot.  He simply does not value the basketball.  HOWEVER, I will say that he plays hard most of the time.  

I know we're excited about future prospects, but those two empty schollies are hurting us.  Surely we could have found a respectable 3 pt shooter in the grad school ranks?

17 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We lost the game in the first half when we should have been up 15 at the half, but our shooting was dreadful. Can’t fault the D or the effort. Disappointed bc the game was winnable, but as @Seeking6 said, better shooters and better recruits are coming, which means better teams. I fault CAM for not having another PG on the roster or a shooter, but I also give him credit for getting this team to fight most of the time when he has upperclassmen (DG and AD) that essentially work against him with their poor decision making over and over again. We need Lander badly NEXT year. And we need to add a grad transfer shooter. If CAM can pull that off, then next year will be exciting. I see progress, but I also see a lack of talent right now. 

Definitely a lack of talent, or at least players that don't have major flaws in their game.  Honestly, I don't have much confidence that any of the Sophomores or Juniors on this team are going to ever be much better than what they've shown thus far.  TJD is the best player and I'm confident he will improve, but won't be here for 4 years.  Franklin might be a nice player but maybe not starter quality and nothing close to a star.

Archie is the architect of this house and it's got a leaky roof and shaky foundation.  Lander will likely provide a huge boost (whenever he makes it to Bloomington) and the 3 incoming freshmen will hopefully add some much needed toughness.  BUT, our shooting is so awful I think we need more than just that and a single grad transfer. 

How does CAM do it?  I have no idea.  He was able to get KL, and hopefully he recognizes how lacking we are in certain aspects of the game that he has a plan and can execute it successfully.  Otherwise any improvement in the quality of play will be incremental - not earth shattering.

1 minute ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Oh shit I forgot, Jackson-Davis for the PC crowd. It might be the problem with this board, “don’t ruffle feathers or else it’s a bad board”. Grow up bud, you knew what I was saying.  

IU will be fine, it’s just one game, Archie needs his players, etc... when does it stop? IU isn’t fine, Archie is over his britches, and we are staring down 4 years at the minimum to get back to relevance.

There has been PLENTY of criticism for Archie basically all season long on this board. Just because this board doesn’t welcome thoughtless name calling and over the top proclamations after one tough game(following two big wins, I should add) doesn’t mean this board has a problem... and if it does, the only problem I see here is you.

9 minutes ago, madmax said:

Please go back to Peegs.

No one here is happy, but you’re acting like a child. If you want to add something substantive to the conversation, then please go ahead... but until then, you’re just being ridiculous. I mean really? You really think Smith and Durham don’t care? Like they don’t have anything at stake? Or they don’t know what’s at stake for our team? Give me a break.

You still want to defend Durham and Smith, hahaha. That’s the problem, they suck and think they are good. Seriously as a fan you think they are good or capable?  Did you see Durham dribble the ball at the end of the half?  Did you see Smith say “f*** off” to TJD?

Hey man, if your happy with them be happy with the NIT.  The cheerleaders have more heart than those two and the cheerleaders probably don’t even know the score.

1 minute ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

You still want to defend Durham and Smith, hahaha. That’s the problem, they suck and think they are good. Seriously as a fan you think they are good or capable?  Did you see Durham dribble the ball at the end of the half?  Did you see Smith say “fuck off” to TJD?

Hey man, if your happy with them be happy with the NIT.  The cheerleaders have more heart than those two and the cheerleaders probably don’t even know the score.

I can’t believe I’m going to waste my time with this drivel but here I go:

1. Smith saying that to TJD was much ado about nothing. You must have never played sports if you think it was. Things like that get said probably 50 times a game. Who cares. They certainly don’t.

2. Durham makes one bad play=he sucks and he isn’t capable. This is stupid. No, he didn’t play well tonight and honestly I don’t think he’s a starter on a good B1G team, but he doesn’t suck.

3. I know this will greatly upset you, but this is a tournament bound team. How about this? If they don’t make the tournament, you leave the board and never return. Deal?

4. You can question lots of things tonight but I don’t think you can question our effort or heart. We were down 16 and almost fought it all the way back. Could have easily folded and we didn’t.

We’re seeing how some of our players are very limited but they been limited the entire season.  Al is phenomenal vs non conference competition but you can see vs B10 that he’s very limited.  Smith is in the same boat offensively but defensively, he’s one of our better defenders and rebounders.  Green on the other hand, I have no words.  When he’s on, he wins the game single handily but more times than not his missed shots plus errant passes quickly put the team behind by 10 and it was on display in the first half.   Now let’s get to Rob who was nonexistent in the first half but showed life later on.  We need him to be a player the entire game but starting to see he may not be as advertised but still young.  Long story short, when this team is clicking we can beat anybody but if not we’re just BROKE!  Players not the Coaches

Just now, madmax said:

I can’t believe I’m going to waste my time with this drivel but here I go:

1. Smith saying that to TJD was much ado about nothing. You must have never played sports if you think it was. Things like that get said probably 50 times a game. Who cares. They certainly don’t.

2. Durham makes one bad play=he sucks and he isn’t capable. This is stupid. No, he didn’t play well tonight and honestly I don’t think he’s a starter on a good B1G team, but he doesn’t suck.

3. I know this will greatly upset you, but this is a tournament bound team. How about this? If they don’t make the tournament, you leave the board and never return. Deal?

4. You can question lots of things tonight but I don’t think you can question our effort or heart. We were down 16 and almost fought it all the way back. Could have easily folded and we didn’t.

1. Played college basketball. Watching TJD reaction after he said that is all you need to know. Smith knew exactly what he was doing and unfortunately Smith is garbage and will one day realize it when someone shoots back at him.

2. Durham can’t shoot, can’t dribble, and is a liability on defense. So yeah he sucks at this level. NAIA is where he would excel.

3. I call it like I see it instead of worrying about if the mods or other posters find my posts offensive.Grow a pair it’s sports, say how you feel. If you can’t in regards to sports, life will be really tough for you.

4. Heart starts from the minute ball tips. To get down by a bad team and then lose by 8 isn’t showing heart. Heart should be their from the start no matter the opponent. Purdue played with heart with less talent to boot, that’s heart. Being more talented and then trying to turn it on at the end isn’t heart at all.  That is a bunch of soft entitled Big Ten players. That need a serious ass chewing.

did I answer them?

18 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

You still want to defend Durham and Smith, hahaha. That’s the problem, they suck and think they are good. Seriously as a fan you think they are good or capable?  Did you see Durham dribble the ball at the end of the half?  Did you see Smith say “f*** off” to TJD?

I’m gonna love you eating your crow for the years to come when Archie gets his team to ALL HIS PLAYERS and makes the NCAA tournament every year. Where were you the last two games?? Quit with the sky is falling crap we have 6 Quad 1 Wins, more then most of the Top 25 teams!

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

I’m gonna love you eating your crow for the years to come when Archie gets his team to ALL HIS PLAYERS and makes the NCAA tournament every year. Where were you the last two games?? Quit with the sky is falling crap we have 6 Quad 1 Wins more then most of the Top 25 teams!

We travel from Billings MT to almost every home game, do the math.  So yeah I would love to eat crow since we spend a ton of money on plane tickets and hotels, but it ain’t happening with Archie as the coach.

5 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

We travel from Billings MT to almost every home game, do the math.  So yeah I would love to eat crow since we spend a ton of money on plane tickets and hotels, but it ain’t happening with Archie as the coach.

Being sincere here when I say I respect and appreciate your fandom in that way! To fly that much shows your true fan hood! How is it that you are so certain that Archie isn’t gonna get us there? The guy litterally doesn’t even have a team of all his players? Look at the ones he’s brought in like Rob, Race, Jerome, Trayce, Romeo, and future ones like Lander and Leal like he’s locking down the state and goodness sakes we’re like what 5-1 against ranked teams at home this year? Like he wins games and has good game plans! We struggle on the road but a lot of teams do especially this year! Gosh Duke just lost to Wake Forrest and they have crazy talent! Like what do you have to support that Archie isn’t a good coach? Because I see more that he has leaders that are poorly leading and he’s doing all he can!

2 hours ago, Bushmage said:

we have gone roughly about 40 minutes this season of complete offensive droughts...essentially a full game of basketball of this season was a scoreless effort.

I don't know how you spin that any other way than pathetic. Our coaching has to change even if Archie sticks around.

Only 40 minutes?!

39 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

1. Played college basketball. Watching TJD reaction after he said that is all you need to know. Smith knew exactly what he was doing and unfortunately Smith is garbage and will one day realize it when someone shoots back at him.

2. Durham can’t shoot, can’t dribble, and is a liability on defense. So yeah he sucks at this level. NAIA is where he would excel.

3. I call it like I see it instead of worrying about if the mods or other posters find my posts offensive.Grow a pair it’s sports, say how you feel. If you can’t in regards to sports, life will be really tough for you.

4. Heart starts from the minute ball tips. To get down by a bad team and then lose by 8 isn’t showing heart. Heart should be their from the start no matter the opponent. Purdue played with heart with less talent to boot, that’s heart. Being more talented and then trying to turn it on at the end isn’t heart at all.  That is a bunch of soft entitled Big Ten players. That need a serious ass chewing.

did I answer them?

Stop with the internet tough guy stuff. Nobody thinks JS or AD are great players, but nobody puts much stock in your comments either. Matter of fact I can’t wait until AD is gone. But your approach and tone (and no I’m nowhere near soft or a snowflake... whatever you want to call it) are foolish. If your plan was to get on here and make your first post by throwing attitude at people thinking you were going to get respect, then your time will be short-lived because NOBODY will pay attention to what you say. Act like an adult and people will.

We just scored less than 50 points against a hated rival for the second time in three meetings, and I'm seeing comments from IU fans who are ok with it because the players didn't give up. 

Heck of a program Archie Miller is building here. He must be quite the magician to have convinced Lander to commit, because I can't imagine why any competent point guard would want to play in this offense. 

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Stop with the internet tough guy stuff. Nobody thinks JS or AD are great players, but nobody puts much stock in your comments either. Matter of fact I can’t wait until AD is gone. But your approach and tone (and no I’m nowhere near soft or a snowflake... whatever you want to call it) are foolish. If your plan was to get on here and make your first post by throwing attitude at people thinking you were going to get respect, then your time will be short-lived because NOBODY will pay attention to what you say. Act like an adult and people will.

Probably is your problem in life. You are more worried about how someone says something regardless if it’s true or not. 

I can’t help you there, only you will have to walk through life worrying about how someone said something to you, and that my friend is a shame. Say what you feel, not what is accepted.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

We just scored less than 50 points against a hated rival for the second time in three meetings, and I'm seeing comments from IU fans who are ok with it because the players didn't give up. 

Heck of a program Archie Miller is building here. He must be quite the magician to have convinced Lander to commit, because I can't imagine why any competent point guard would want to play in this offense. 

Bingo. I love honesty not bul÷_$_

Archived