The Grilling & Smoking Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:59 AM, IUFLA said:

One of my co-workers does a lot of Brisket on an electric...He told me he takes a lot of tips from this site...

I've had his brisket on a number of occasions, and it's always tender, juicy, and really good...

Me and my hubby run this site ❤️ honoured to be mentioned here!! Thanks so much for mentioning me guys and so glad we could help!

• Like 8

On 1/31/2024 at 10:07 AM, FritzIam4IU said:

Don't be a stranger...post some good stuff for us!

Only if its ok with everyone. We have been doing a few yummy recipes lately, pulled pork croquettes, Dorito covered meatballs and pulled pork queso! Let me know if you guys want to see em

• Like 4

22 hours ago, britt said:

Only if its ok with everyone. We have been doing a few yummy recipes lately, pulled pork croquettes, Dorito covered meatballs and pulled pork queso! Let me know if you guys want to see em

Send them along please! I know plenty here in town because of covenants they can't have grills or smokers so they all went electric. Would love to be able to share.

Edited by Seeking6

On 1/31/2024 at 7:02 PM, britt said:

You ever do a pulled pork chili?  I've done it a few times. I'll split my usual amount of chili seasoning with my rub 50/50. I recommend and would be interested in what you think. 

On 2/3/2024 at 10:00 AM, mrflynn03 said:

You ever do a pulled pork chili?  I've done it a few times. I'll split my usual amount of chili seasoning with my rub 50/50. I recommend and would be interested in what you think. 

Hiya :) I havent done pulled pork chilli yet but definitly on my list to cook with the cooler weather, but Ill let you know how I go with the seasoning as I like to do a loooot of testing before I post anything ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, FritzIam4IU said:

Pulled pork queso sounds amazing!!

It was soooooooooooooo good, we are planning on making it again next weekend! Here it is; https://www.simplymeatsmoking.com/pork/pulled-pork-queso-dip/

but my absolute fav at the moment are these little pulled pork cakes, https://www.simplymeatsmoking.com/pork-recipes/pulled-pork-cakes/ soooo crispy but super juicy inside, 🤤

Love to know what you guys think! 

• Thanks 2

On 2/2/2024 at 9:11 AM, Seeking6 said:

Send them along please! I know plenty here in town because of covenants they can't have grills or smokers so they all went electric. Would love to be able to share.

I do a lot of our cooks on a pellet smoker, its part electric, would that work for the folks in covenants

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I got some Super Bowl wings on for tonight. Just salted them overnight and put a basically salt/pepper rub on them. The local Publix (we just got one) had some sauces on sale so I grabbed a few of them.IMG_2709.thumb.jpeg.e5655e0bf6f60da987186e54d7e87e23.jpeg

Hey you have a time honored, cheap ole grill like me. 

Sum batch just keeps cookin !!

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier

Central/Southern Indiana people--- JayC and I assume Kroger sometimes sells these chicken thigh packages (10pcs, not sure the weight) for $5 or 6.... can't beat it. 

I usually buy at least 2, make one, freeze one. Made them yesterday for the super bowl, hard to beat. 

image.png.a402ff129db44de225a0f4f4b73ff383.png

• Like 2