Slick Rick

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Slick Rick Pintino is back in College Basketball...hired at Iona...said he is going to bring them to dominance 

Talk about building a program from the ground up.  The Gaels have appeared 14 times in the NCAAT.  Having won only one game. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Talk about building a program from the ground up.  The Gaels have appeared 14 times in the NCAAT.  Having won only one game. 

I actually like the conference that Iona plays in MAAC and during championship week it is one of the smaller conferences I really enjoyed watching.  Iona usually is one of the best teams from that conference and have won their conference a lot.

The NCAA is expected to hand down penalties this spring or summer in regard to the FBI investigations which brought Pitino down.  I'll be very disappointed with the NCAA if Slick Rick doesn't get a significant amount of time on the "show cause" list.  But then the NCAA has been consistently bad in this regard.

35 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The NCAA is expected to hand down penalties this spring or summer in regard to the FBI investigations which brought Pitino down.  I'll be very disappointed with the NCAA if Slick Rick doesn't get a significant amount of time on the "show cause" list.  But then the NCAA has been consistently bad in this regard.

I have a feeling you will be very disappointed here.  We are talking the ncaa. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

In light of him getting a show-cause, it's wise of him to nail down a gig before it's handed down. As I understand a show-cause would only apply to a future employer. 

I had to look this one up.  The show-cause order would apply to a future NCAA employer even if the order is issued after (s)he is employed by a new NCAA institution.  See Rule 19.5.1(h).  This change was made in 2015.  Thus, "Slick Rick" and Iona will have to answer to the NCAA on the SC order. However,  Iona doesn't have to fire him just because there is a SCO.  The SCO often contains restrictions on recruiting or some other activity which may be too onerous for a new employer to accept. 

Archived