2020 College Basketball Off-Season

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yikes...you said Morton was out too?? Not a great start to build team chemistry.

Yeah Morton should be back fairly soon but with mono you never know. Apparently our 7’4 freshman center has been really good too. Seems like the back-up for Trevion issue may already be resolved. 

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gregg Marshall is done. My guess is he takes a year off and ends up in a lower level P5 football school program. Maybe FSU when Hamilton hangs it up. Something along those lines. 

Hard to know what is true and not. If it is as bad as some are saying I’d be shocked a large power conference school would take the chance with an explosive coach with baggage. Getting away with stuff in a midwestern city in the shadows of bigger programs is one thing. Prime time lights of ACC/SEC/Big12 might not work. I think he would have to take a step back and prove he can keep his temper in check before landing another huge check from a major institution again. If it isn’t provable but there is just too much negativity to overcome then maybe he will make it back sooner. 

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah Morton should be back fairly soon but with mono you never know. Apparently our 7’4 freshman center has been really good too. Seems like the back-up for Trevion issue may already be resolved. 

If he starts taking major minutes backing up the 5 then Furst is going to find it tough to break into the lineup. If they plan to stick him at the 4 and Trey at the 3 that will be the slowest team in the B1G...well they already have the slowest pace now but you catch my drift.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If he starts taking major minutes backing up the 5 then Furst is going to find it tough to break into the lineup. If they plan to stick him at the 4 and Trey at the 3 that will be the slowest team in the B1G...well they already have the slowest pace now but you catch my drift.

Good problem to have IMO. Williams has at least 2 more years so our frontcourt should be loaded for a long time. Backcourt is looking good too. 

In 2 years, I envision something like this:

1. Hunter/Morton/Thompson

2. Ivey/Hunter/Morton

3. Kaufman/Newman/Stefanovich

4. Furst/Kaufman/Wheeler

5. Williams/Edey/Furst

Lot of talent there. 

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Good problem to have IMO. Williams has at least 2 more years so our frontcourt should be loaded for a long time. Backcourt is looking good too. 

2. Ivey/Hunter/Morton

4. Furst/Kaufman/Wheeler

5. Williams/Edey/Furst

Lot of talent there. 

Real interested to see how Newman does this year after redshirting. Good luck.

Safe to say Painter isn’t buying in to small ball lol. Bucking the trend.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hard to know what is true and not. If it is as bad as some are saying I’d be shocked a large power conference school would take the chance with an explosive coach with baggage. Getting away with stuff in a midwestern city in the shadows of bigger programs is one thing. Prime time lights of ACC/SEC/Big12 might not work. I think he would have to take a step back and prove he can keep his temper in check before landing another huge check from a major institution again. If it isn’t provable but there is just too much negativity to overcome then maybe he will make it back sooner. 

I think if anything there are plenty of programs in those conferences that will gladly look the other way as long as you win. Shoot the SEC has about 6 as head coaches right now in hoops.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think if anything there are plenty of programs in those conferences that will gladly look the other way as long as you win. Shoot the SEC has about 6 as head coaches right now in hoops.

Recruiting impropriety is one thing...SEC has no issues there...abusive coach who is assaulting his players...that won’t play well in any big name program. Especially a white coach assaulting young black men. All improprieties aren’t the same. Had he just paid a player I’d agree with you.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Recruiting impropriety is one thing...SEC has no issues there...abusive coach who is assaulting his players...that won’t play well in any big name program. Especially a white coach assaulting young black men. All improprieties aren’t the same. Had he just paid a player I’d agree with you.

Going to have to agree.  He may be looking at a lower level countryside directional d 1 in wyoming or something.  

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Going to have to agree.  He may be looking at a lower level countryside directional d 1 in wyoming or something.  

Yeah kinda depends on what all comes out. Mixed bag right now with some defending and others making accusations. All the transfers has to say something though. Interesting as his teams underachieved he seemed to lose his cool. Can only imagine the pressure at a bigger job...probably wouldn’t end well. Maybe he can weather it in time...could see him coaching again say at a Kansas St or Texas Tech etc some day but going to take time for this to blow over imo.

Just saying I’d be a massively disappointed alum if I was at FSU and they followed up a great coach like Leonard Hamilton for this guy.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

2. Ivey/Hunter/Morton

4. Furst/Kaufman/Wheeler

5. Williams/Edey/Furst

Lot of talent there. 

You think Newman will stya content coming off the bench in a few years.  Also you don't see the kid from New Castle getting into the rotation at all.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You think Newman will stya content coming off the bench in a few years.  Also you don't see the kid from New Castle getting into the rotation at all.

Forgot about Gillis. He hasn’t played in a game in 2 years so I’m not sure what to expect out of him tbh. Newman should play a lot this year honestly. 

Archived