2020 College Basketball Off-Season

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Schools changing conferences and new Division 1 members.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-college-basketball-conference-alignments-are-changing-for-the-2020-21-season/

Dixie State is in Utah?

Billy Gillispie back in D1 with Tarleton State. 

Who wins a NCAA title first?  Bellarmine or Purdue?

its a ZERO percent change for both.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rico said:

Good for him...refreshing.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. As Howard coach said this might be the one shot they get so it has to work. Very similar to other P5 coaches who haven't landed a 5 star. You only get one chance to show you can develop and help get them to the green room.

49 minutes ago, rico said:

I am surprised that more 5*s don't go this route.  Prized recruit?  Go to a small D-1 school and "hide" under the radar.

Big red flag to me. Like you said you hide your warts playing down....but with the NBA so much on "potential" it probably won't hurt his draft stock...if anything will make him more a roll of the dice for someone in the 1st rd.

Watching the 87 game between IU and UW that went to true OT.  What is funny is that this was TV Teddy's first year as an official and RMK was getting all over him.  The next play TV Teddy made a horrible call against UW so for a short period he let RMk get to him.  Only a few years later TV Teddy got his revenge against IU.

Watched a great game from the 1990 tournament between Georgia Tech and LSU in a second round game.  Just could not believe the amount of talent on the floor for a game between a 4 and 5 seed in the second round.  LSU had Chris Jackson, Shaq, and Stanley Roberts and there other two starters were very good. GT had Kenny Anderson, Dennis Scott and Oliver and all of them scored over 18 a game.  With that much talent those teams would be easily a one seed in today's game.

Don't even know where to put this. Guess here. ESPN has officially lost their minds. Not only are they selling tickets on the Titanic....they've doubled down and selling tickets on return. Greeny and Golic were gold. Golic and Wingo stunk. Now they've decided Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams are the answers. Only thing Jay Williams has ever done halfway smart is marry an IU gal. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't even know where to put this. Guess here. ESPN has officially lost their minds. Not only are they selling tickets on the Titanic....they've doubled down and selling tickets on return. Greeny and Golic were gold. Golic and Wingo stunk. Now they've decided Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams are the answers. Only thing Jay Williams has ever done halfway smart is marry an IU gal. 

I thought he was pretty smart in missing that free throw against us in 2002

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I never ever watch espn unless there is a game on. I do not understand the point you are making 

ESPN needs guys like Jason Whitlock.  You may not always like what Jason says, but it's hard not to respect him for taking a stand and not caring what popular opinion looks like when he does.

Mike & Mike were great, but ESPN flushed themselves down the toilet when they decided they wanted to play politics instead of sports.  It's been so long since I watched Sports Center, I couldn't even tell you what it looks like.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Small world I’ve known his wife since elementary school. To say I was surprised when I saw her fb status switch to married with a picture of him is an understatement. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Greeny and Golic were practically must see tv for me every morning.  Since the breakup... I don't even watch ESPN any more.

U of L suspending summer basketball activities due to positive Covid tests.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/u-of-l-temporarily-suspends-mens-basketball-program-voluntary-activities-after-positive-covid-19-tests/article_1cb17b4a-c05b-11ea-ab8a-7fbde1fee77e.html

Edit:  I guess I should have read the recent posts, but I'll leave up because of the local reporting angle. 

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Was about to post this.   At this point I'd be surprised if we see any college sports this year.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yeah, I am really looking forward to this team/this year. But am trying to temper my expectations.

Archived