Clue and other games!

Drroogh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In seriousness fellas my Dad taught me to play chess, backgammon, and acey-deucey at a young age as well as cribbage and pinochle.  Chess is the only one I still play to this day.

My immediate family was big into Monopoly, Risk, Clue, Yahtzee, and Scrabble.

Funny thing is euchre.  It was like farming, fishing, and hunting.  I just grew up playing it.  That card game is a must to be in my family.

Rook is the big card game in my extended family.  Daughter is only one in immediate family that likes it.  Son and Wife won't play, so I have to wait until large extended family gatherings to get it in.

When I was in high school and college, I was an expert at Hearts.  Played it all the time, multiple times a month.  Actually think I went 9-10 months at one point without losing.  I was that good.  Have not played it in years.  No one in the family plays it and the crew that I used to play with have all drifted their own ways.   

Just now, 5fouls said:

Rook is the big card game in my extended family.  Daughter is only one in immediate family that likes it.  Son and Wife won't play, so I have to wait until large extended family gatherings to get it in.

When I was in high school and college, I was an expert at Hearts.  Played it all the time, multiple times a month.  Actually think I went 9-10 months at one point without losing.  I was that good.  Have not played it in years.  No one in the family plays it and the crew that I used to play with have all drifted their own ways.   

Spades was big when I was in college.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Funny thing is euchre.  It was like farming, fishing, and hunting.  I just grew up playing it.  That card game is a must to be in my family.

I always loved the subtleties of Euchre. 

After I'd played with a partner for a while, I could tell what was up when they said "pass."

I liked Clue as a kid but haven't played it since. My favorite with my kids was Stratego. My son would probably say Risk. At family gathering as a child we would play Royal Rummy for pennies. Hearts was another family favorite. I currently play Words with Friends with my son and have been doing so regularly for over a year. Its a nice way to keep in touch. 

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Scategories is a good family game.

Love me a good 500-1000 piece holiday puzzle as well.

During the 6 weeks we were off work my wife and I did 8 or 9 1000 piece puzzles. I have never done one completely before now we do them on a regular basis. Does that mean we are getting old? 

53 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I liked Clue as a kid but haven't played it since. My favorite with my kids was Stratego. My son would probably say Risk. At family gathering as a child we would play Royal Rummy for pennies. Hearts was another family favorite. I currently play Words with Friends with my son and have been doing so regularly for over a year. Its a nice way to keep in touch. 

My brother had stratego...love that game...I did beat my nephew in it a couple years back.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, Drroogh said:

Risk,

remember in a mature game with capable players, my friend in college being down to only having 3 of the Australia regions after an attempted take out! He wanted to go party so I took over for him! Nobody hardly believed it when I ended up with the win!

I have a Risk addiction. I really enjoy that game.

Tribond is another a fun board game for a group.

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have a Risk addiction. I really enjoy that game.

Tribond is another a fun board game for a group.

We bought or were gifted Tribond 15 years ago or more and have never played it.  I know it's in our game closet, but don't even know how it's played or what it's about.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We bought or were gifted Tribond 15 years ago or more and have never played it.  I know it's in our game closet, but don't even know how it's played or what it's about.

Break it out fouls. Simple game with simple rules. Its an easy, fun play for family or groups. Its a good one.   :)

Archived