Stanford game thread

Reacher

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

I don't understand the poor shooting.  Its not like these kids were bad shooters in HS.  What is the hesitation and the poor FT shooting.  We have had the same problem for a few years now so it has to be something others than just kids not being able to shoot.  

been asking that for 4 years.  Why these kids don't shoot and when they do, it looks like its first time they ever shot a basketball

Leal can’t play 8 minutes and not attempt a shot. It’s like when Pritchard was in in 2008 and nobody stood within 12 feet of him and he still passed. Leal can shoot. shoot the ball. It’s killing the spacing. I don’t want this, but I think Franklin is the only one aggressive enough right now to actually try and score. Everyone else is being too passive. The whole team is so Anti-Devante it’s killing us. 

Well, like the on the ball D...With new lineups/kids there was some confusion, but that's understandable...Liked the ball movement, but like I said, we need guys to pull the trigger. Archie needs to TELL them to pull the trigger. Leal, Hunter, Rob...Lander and Armaan need no such encouragement...

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

I don't understand the poor shooting.  Its not like these kids were bad shooters in HS.  What is the hesitation and the poor FT shooting.  We have had the same problem for a few years now so it has to be something others than just kids not being able to shoot.  

Outside of game 1 the FT shooting hasn't been bad. 75% (Providence), 69% (Texas), and 80% so far today.

The shooting from the floor and 3 pointers, in particular, has been where the team hasn't shot well.

Archived