Stanford game thread

Reacher

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Rob needs to be more consistent. Only one three-point attempt today and two turnovers in the first half. If he can't start stepping it up, Lander well start getting more of his playing time

I said early, when CAM took Rob out in favor of Kristian 3 minutes in, it wasn't for rest...

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Leal can’t play 8 minutes and not attempt a shot. It’s like when Pritchard was in in 2008 and nobody stood within 12 feet of him and he still passed. Leal can shoot. shoot the ball. It’s killing the spacing. I don’t want this, but I think Franklin is the only one aggressive enough right now to actually try and score. Everyone else is being too passive. The whole team is so Anti-Devante it’s killing us. 

None of them have confidence in their shot. It’s a lot of youth but it has to be coming from how they’ve been coached. I don’t see any other reason. Either the kids aren’t good enough to shoot and then shouldn’t be here, they aren’t ready to play (possible), or Archie has coached this into them.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Leal can’t play 8 minutes and not attempt a shot. It’s like when Pritchard was in in 2008 and nobody stood within 12 feet of him and he still passed. Leal can shoot. shoot the ball. It’s killing the spacing. I don’t want this, but I think Franklin is the only one aggressive enough right now to actually try and score. Everyone else is being too passive. The whole team is so Anti-Devante it’s killing us. 

His teammates probably need to pass him the ball in spots to shoot them. Instead that didn’t happen and so he only got one shot.

Just now, DC2345 said:

His teammates probably need to pass him the ball in spots to shoot them. Instead that didn’t happen and so he only got one shot.

I agree when he is open is hasnt got it right in his shooters pocket, but he’s passed up a few shots that he should have taken, which have led to us forcing worse shots. 

The thing that could work so beautifully is the 2nd the ball goes into TJD he could dish it back out when double to a guy that hit opens shot. Newtown/Jeffries perfected that to Coverdale, Hornsby, Fife,etc.....we just need guys to step up and shoot. Making would be a nice plus too.

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I agree when he is open is hasnt got it right in his shooters pocket, but he’s passed up a few shots that he should have taken, which have led to us forcing worse shots. 

The one time, a Stanford big had switched onto Anthony and backed off him, practically daring him to shoot. 

I scared my dogs yelling, "SHOOT!!!!!!"

Just now, Seeking6 said:

The thing that could work so beautifully is the 2nd the ball goes into TJD he could dish it back out when double to a guy that hit opens shot. Newtown/Jeffries perfected that to Coverdale, Hornsby, Fife,etc.....we just need guys to step up and shoot. Making would be a nice plus too.

Yeah, this problem is on both ends. One, shooters aren't continuing to move and stay open once Trayce has the ball. Even if they are open, they aren't ready to shoot. Second, TJD is shouldering too much of the burden. He's carrying us right now, but he's doing it with 2-3 guys draped on him at all times. Not looking to kick out often enough, but it doesn't matter as much given the former issue.

Archived