Video Gamers, Online?

It's kind of funny to be 'gaming,' especially online, at my age, but then gaming is basically ageless. 

I play The Division pretty regularly with a group of guys (who range in age from 20 to 50), the character building, equipment, weapon and mod builds within the dark zone and mission environments is entertaining. Anyone here play Division? Or what games do you play? 

• 3 years later...
On 8/25/2017 at 12:04 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's kind of funny to be 'gaming,' especially online, at my age, but then gaming is basically ageless. 

I play The Division pretty regularly with a group of guys (who range in age from 20 to 50), the character building, equipment, weapon and mod builds within the dark zone and mission environments is entertaining. Anyone here play Division? Or what games do you play? 

What platform? I do COD, Siege, Rocket League and a few others. Mainly when I’m stuck indoors. Rainy or cold evenings or nights.

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

During my college years, I was actually hired as a beta tester. There were three of us. One from Fresno, one from Winona and myself.

I'm 52 and I have my name on the pre-order list for the new Oculus Quest 2 VR set. I only got this on order for the grand kids, this crap is just silly.... They should be enjoying splitting firewood and raising calves! 😀

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

What platform? I do COD, Siege, Rocket League and a few others. Mainly when I’m stuck indoors. Rainy or cold evenings or nights.

Xbox — I haven’t gotten a PS yet but am planning on getting both of the new consoles when they’re released later this fall.

I’ve played Siege but generally don’t play COD. Division, Division 2, and now Just trying out Rogue Company, I’m a PvP’er  

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Xbox — I haven’t gotten a PS yet but am planning on getting both of the new consoles when they’re released later this fall.

I’ve played Siege but generally don’t play COD. Division, Division 2, and now Just trying out Rogue Company, I’m a PvP’er  

Rouge is free on PS4. I have not downloaded it yet. Is it any good?

Side note: I’m planning on preordering a PS5. I think it drops Mid Nov.

Between myself and my son who just turned 10 years old. When we are stuck inside the house, we each have a PS4 & SimWorks performance gaming PC. We share a driving simulator that has iRacing and Rfactor loaded on it. He also has an Oculus Rift S that he plays around with. 

We really enjoy doing something competitive. It’s fun for us. I’ve had him in sports since he was 4 years old. He plays them all but I think he likes soccer and basketball the most. He even races USAC nationally and has since he was 5.

I don’t let him sit on a gaming console or PC if the sun is shining. I’d rather he be outside being creative, swimming, riding his dirt bike or even playing his guitar or with friends.

Like myself, he gets bored once the lights go on or it’s raining or snowing outside. Instead of watching Tv, he and I will do some kind of activity. Toys, board games, instruments, chase the Yorkies around the house and of course, video games and streaming on TwitchTV.

Im always busy with work stuff so I try and steal every minute that I can with him. He is more than two grade levels ahead in most subjects and still has a 2 hour tutor session once a week so my reward for doing well and paying attention is usually “online” time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Rouge is free on PS4. I have not downloaded it yet. Is it any good?

Side note: I’m planning on preordering a PS5. I think it drops Mid Nov.

Between myself and my son who just turned 10 years old. When we are stuck inside the house, we each have a PS4 & SimWorks performance gaming PC. We share a driving simulator that has iRacing and Rfactor loaded on it. He also has an Oculus Rift S that he plays around with. 

We really enjoy doing something competitive. It’s fun for us. I’ve had him in sports since he was 4 years old. He plays them all but I think he likes soccer and basketball the most. He even races USAC nationally and has since he was 5.

I don’t let him sit on a gaming console or PC if the sun is shining. I’d rather he be outside being creative, swimming, riding his dirt bike or even playing his guitar or with friends.

Like myself, he gets bored once the lights go on or it’s raining or snowing outside. Instead of watching Tv, he and I will do some kind of activity. Toys, board games, instruments, chase the Yorkies around the house and of course, video games and streaming on TwitchTV.

Im always busy with work stuff so I try and steal every minute that I can with him. He is more than two grade levels ahead in most subjects and still has a 2 hour tutor session once a week so my reward for doing well and paying attention is usually “online” time.

You are both a fun dad and a responsible dad - nice.

My kids are older now, youngest just turned 17, but followed similar approach. I mean, computer gaming is amazing, would’ve been blown away if I’d had it as a kid (Google Orthanc, that’s the closest we had as kids lol), but they’re there for boredom and fun, not to leave kids glued to.

pretty funny for me really, lawyer by day, pvp’er by night lol 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You are both a fun dad and a responsible dad - nice.

My kids are older now, youngest just turned 17, but followed similar approach. I mean, computer gaming is amazing, would’ve been blown away if I’d had it as a kid (Google Orthanc, that’s the closest we had as kids lol), but they’re there for boredom and fun, not to leave kids glued to.

pretty funny for me really, lawyer but day, pvp’er by night lol 

I have Div2. Never installed it. I couldn’t find anyone to play it with. Most of my online friends are into Apex Legends, Siege, Modern Warfare, Rocket League, Pub G Etc. Most games are cross platform these days. Once you have a PS5 though, it’s party chat and n00b crushing time.

377EBD6F-12B1-428F-B541-449DE25B5D1A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

I have Div2. Never installed it. I couldn’t find anyone to play it with. Most of my online friends are into Apex Legends, Siege, Modern Warfare, Rocket League, Pub G Etc. Most games are cross platform these days. Once you have a PS5 though, it’s party chat and n00b crushing time.

377EBD6F-12B1-428F-B541-449DE25B5D1A.jpeg

I’ve played some Apex, drop in and 100 miles per hour into getting your weapons and into the fight. Div is pretty unique in its combination of extremely detailed open-world PvE and PvP 3d person loot and shoot, along with build development and exotic c and named weapons. Definitely need friends or peeps to team up with though or it gets old fast, especially PvP 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

What the heck. I need ps3 to play NCAA college football so getting one of those too. Controllers from ps4 are compatible so it will only cost me about $30. 

I once was addicted to NCAA College Football on Nintendo GameCube.  I was hogging my kids' game console!  lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I once was addicted to NCAA College Football on Nintendo GameCube.  I was hogging my kids' game console!  lol

I played my PS2 until it died. No way I am paying $600+ for a gaming console. So I just waited patiently.  Now I will have 2.

PS4 so wife and I can fight it out in the octagon.  And I'm pretty sure she will like grand theft auto.  PS3 for my IU dynasty. 

I'm that way with cars too. Had a rental last year and wife liked the back up cam. Told her in 10 yrs she can have one. 😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...