Butler Game Thread

Reacher

What an absolute garbage call on Franklin. You have to ask yourself what you want a rule to encourage and discourage. Franklin had the ball on a semi-break, was under control and kicked things out rather than going into contact. There guy purposely put himself in the way of contact for no basketball purpose other than drawing contact. Which should be discouraged?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

What an absolute garbage call on Franklin. You have to ask yourself what you want a rule to encourage and discourage. Franklin had the ball on a semi-break, was under control and kicked things out rather than going into contact. There guy purposely put himself in the way of contact for no basketball purpose other than drawing contact. Which should be discouraged?

Exactly. I remember a few seasons ago they made a priority of cracking down on flops like that one. As usual, the officials have not only forgotten about that, they've gotten worse in the other direction. Just like all the other officiating fixes they've tried to make by picking a certain rule and focusing on that.

1 minute ago, Boiler Sam said:

I work with a guy who tested positive twice. Once back in July, and then again in October. He’s fine now, but he’s definitely taking precautions and not assuming he has immunity. 

I would imagine it’s rare and more an issue with more a one off immune system that just isn’t producing the antibodies to keep fighting it.

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

Exactly. I remember a few seasons ago they made a priority of cracking down on flops like that one. As usual, the officials have not only forgotten about that, they've gotten worse in the other direction. Just like all the other officiating fixes they've tried to make by picking a certain rule and focusing on that.

I remember that too, I believe after 2 flops it would be a Tech

Archived