Northwestern Game Thread

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Our defense looked ok and even good at times. 

Our offense is just terrible. Seems to have no purpose including scoring

Purpose is the word. You can tell NW is going to win this game because they look like they know exactly what they're trying to do on both ends. 

At least offensively, IU looks like they're hoping stuff happens and just making it up. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cut it to 7 and have the ball and can't get a goo look on your last two possessions.  I think I am coming to a conclusion  is this is what IU basketball is and probably won't get much better.  We have changed coaches and AD's but it is still al the same so what is it.

dang Scott.  if you're negative, this is about to get really really ugly.  whatever happened to CraigHoops?

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cut it to 7 and have the ball and can't get a goo look on your last two possessions.  I think I am coming to a conclusion  is this is what IU basketball is and probably won't get much better.  We have changed coaches and AD's but it is still al the same so what is it.

Gasp!

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Any thought on why?  Im serious, I don’t mean that as a loaded or gotcha question. 

I genuinely just think we don't have enough guys with a high offensive BB IQ. Guys like TJD, Franklin, Galloway, and (maybe) Lander instinctively know what to do with the ball. The rest of the team is trying to play offense off a whiteboard. What is my next move? What are the options? There's no feel for the game. It's why we always look rushed on our shots or a step behind on the right pass, cut, etc.

Archived