Illinois pregame 12/26 4PM ET

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why not look at it from the viewpoint.of who will guard Race down low for UI

I'd thought about that, but on defense, Kofi never strays too far from the basket. And he wouldn't have to being neither Trayce or Race are great outside shooters. He'd help inside on whoever was guarding Race. We'd have to commit to some interior passing for sure...

It'll be interesting to see how Archie plays it...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'd thought about that, but on defense, Kofi never strays too far from the basket. And he wouldn't have to being neither Trayce or Race are great outside shooters. He'd help inside on whoever was guarding Race. We'd have to commit to some interior passing for sure...

I am also think Race will get some offensive rebounds when Williams is guarding him.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The flip side is what if TJD gets Cockburn in foul trouble, or if we go to Race and Race can bait Cockburn into fouls helping off TJD? 

I know some people hate to hear this, but how the officials call the inside play is going to go a long way toward the outcome of this game. 

Given TJD has such a high free throw rate, is there any chance they actually start Cockburn defending Race and use him as a helper on TJD? If they did that Race could have a field day from 3. I know his shooting has been sporadic burt he has hit some open 3's this year, maybe he could hit a couple in that scenario and change the game. 

Lot's of questions on these matchups, will be fun to see how it plays out. 

Interesting watching the second half of OSU-NW and hearing the commentators talking about how Northwestern's center moving to the bench this year to be their backup 5 has provided their team so much more depth and played a role in their turnaround so far this year. 

Crazy how a change to a players role, even though he's not a star, could provide benefit to the team. 

Archived