Izzo Hot Seat

Watching YouTube and they have a podcast and I think it is called field of 68 with Jeff Goodman, Jeff Bordello?, Robbie Hummel.  The discussion was on who would replace bill Self if KU had an opening.  There swing for the fence candidate would be Chris beard of TT but none of them think Beard would leave TT.  they feel like he is comfortable at a smaller less profile place.  Some of the other names were Dana Altman, Matt Painter, which Hummel didn't like, Mike White, Jacque Vaughan.  I bring this up because we always have discussions on who we could get if we had an opening.  These national college basketball writers and announcers who might have some insight doesn't think KU would even get some top tier coach. 

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching YouTube and they have a podcast and I think it is called field of 68 with Jeff Goodman, Jeff Bordello?, Robbie Hummel.  The discussion was on who would replace bill Self if KU had an opening.  There swing for the fence candidate would be Chris beard of TT but none of them think Beard would leave TT.  they feel like he is comfortable at a smaller less profile place.  Some of the other names were Dana Altman, Matt Painter, which Hummel didn't like, Mike White, Jacque Vaughan.  I bring this up because we always have discussions on who we could get if we had an opening.  These national college basketball writers and announcers who might have some insight doesn't think KU would even get some top tier coach. 

Jacque Vaughn would be a good example of a guy getting a job that he is not ready for but has the name.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He has been a coach in the NBA for years

Wow!  not sure if i missed that (i watch absolutely no NBA) or knew and forgot (happens a lot and kind of sounds familiar)?  so, let me rephrase... a guy who does not have the track record for the job.  20-62, 23-59, 15-37, 7-3 for a career .288 winning %.  

Archived