Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, IUFLA said:

I think Armaan can be that, but first the rolled ankle, then again getting dinged up again...and that was bothering him the whole game.

This time off hopefully gets him back to 100%

To me we need someone bigger than  him that also can take the ball to basket and finished.  I think it would be best if one of our wings players were like a 6'6 small forward instead of playing 2 guards who are all less than 6'4

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me we need someone bigger than  him that also can take the ball to basket and finished.  I think it would be best if one of our wings players were like a 6'6 small forward instead of playing 2 guards who are all less than 6'4

Enter Aminu Mohammad...or exit.

11 minutes ago, Inequality said:

“I don’t know what you heard about me

But a ***** can’t get a dollar out of me

No Cadillac, no perms, you can’t see

That I’m a ************ P-I-M-P”

*not my lyrics*

1/2 way through the first sentence I started hearing that in my head in 50 Cent's voice.

49 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ellis was supposedly the Pimp.  Not sure it’s real accurate but that’s the rumor

When Dakich was coaching IU after Sampson was canned, during the game in Evanston, Ellis wouldn't join the huddles. I was there. 

I'm sure there's a mutual dislike to this day.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When Dakich was coaching IU after Sampson was canned, during the gave in Evanston, Ellis wouldn't join the huddles. I was there. 

I'm sure there's a mutual dislike to this day.

A lot of that team couldn't stand DD. That's a large part of why the season fizzled after Sampson was fired, they were upset about that and upset that DD was the interim coach. 

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

A lot of that team couldn't stand DD. That's a large part of why the season fizzled after Sampson was fired, they are upset about that and upset that DD was the interim coach. 

I can imagine...

But I've always said, if there's one thing that I admired about Dakich, it was the purge he started and Crean finished.

I'll always be grateful for that...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I can imagine...

But I've always said, if there's one thing that I admired about Dakich, it was the purge he started and Crean finished.

I'll always be grateful for that...

IIRC some of the players forced DD's hand and possibly for dismissed earlier than they maybe otherwise would have. I think 1 or 2 players just stopped going to practice because they didn't want to play for him. Or maybe walked out of a practice. Something like that. They were rebelling against him.

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

IIRC some of the players forced DD's hand and possibly for dismissed earlier than they maybe otherwise would have. I think 1 or 2 players just stopped going to practice because they didn't want to play for him. Or maybe walked out of a practice. Something like that. They were rebelling against him.

Bassett and Ellis 

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Yeah, I remember. I kept waiting to hear Dan had went to the players on bended knee and coaxed them back, but, to his credit, he didn't...

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Another one with so much talent that didn’t ever reach his full potential

He also said he really regretted leaving early.  He said he was still having problems with his addictions so he left early.  He also said he injured his knee during his sophomore season that he didn't do anything about.

30 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s a jackass but I truly believe he wants IU to be successful again. Maybe I’m just a little crazy

I tend to agree, but there are people on here who I like and believe who will tell you most of his anti-IU stuff is schtick just to be controversial and get listeners...

But schtick can go too far sometimes...

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

What’s weird to me is that mostly all our basketball teams over the years take on the identity of its head coach. Knights teams, Davis, Sampson, Crean....but Archies teams...not so much...how is that possible??

Or maybe this is the identity of Archie. We all say is small and a PG in the ACC, so he is tough. The ACC doesn’t play a physical game like the Big Ten. It’s always been more of an open game in that conference. My point is there is more to toughness than being short or being raised close to Pittsburgh. Maybe this team is in Archies image. It’s been 4 years, hard to say that it’s not IMO. 

saying that, if TJD comes back next year.... We should be a top 3 conference team with a shot to win the conference. This is assuming the freshmen progress. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Or maybe this is the identity of Archie. We all say is small and a PG in the ACC, so he is tough. The ACC doesn’t play a physical game like the Big Ten. It’s always been more of an open game in that conference. My point is there is more to toughness than being short or being raised close to Pittsburgh. Maybe this team is in Archies image. It’s been 4 years, hard to say that it’s not IMO. 

saying that, if TJD comes back next year.... We should be a top 3 conference team with a shot to win the conference. This is assuming the freshmen progress. 

Next year will depend on who stays or goes on other teams as well.  Take UW none of their players are NBA players so they all could come back next year and sign up for AARP

Archived