Youngstown State Pregame Thread

My [censured] Crystal Ball says " IU 83 Youngstown State 75 " !! I'm sure as heck hoping that is not even this close !! However , after the Indiana State and IUPU Ft. Wayne games , i expect anything could and might happen ?????? I currently do not feel sure of any  IU VICTORY going into any  IU game !! I'm hoping that IU HOOPS gets to the point where I CAN feel [once again] sure of an IU VICTORY going into any IU game ?????? Only time will tell !! Go Archie & The Gang -get on the same flipping page !

P.S. I wish IU had played Washington & Jefferson and PITT-Bradford instead of Indiana State and IUPU FT ,  Wayne as those 2 schools are the only 2 schools that Fransiscan has defeated this season ,VBG !!

Not a good 3-point shooting team - 30%, but their leading scorer, Braun Hartfield, is a 6'6 soph guard shooting 42% from the arc. Would think Rob will guard him.

1 other player averaging double digit scoring, Cameron Morse, a 6'3 senior guard, he's shooting just 28% from the arc. So they are guard oriented, have good height, but not a strong overall 3-point shooting team.

Their other two leading scorers are Tyree Robinson, a 6'5 junior forward, and a Carmel Indiana kid, frosh Garrett Covington, a 6'5 guard.

Next two scorers (under 8 ppg) are a 6'7 forward and another 6'5 guard. So they're undersized up front but have good guard height and some balance. 

We should win it running away (assuming they're focused). Some things to watch

- Continuation of last game, in taking care of the ball and on the other end forcing TO's?

- Continuation of last game, in ball movement and spreading the assists / extra passes?

- Continuation of last game, as to the senior guards playing within themselves, focused?

- Davis, takes advantage of size matchups and experience and has a strong all around game in this one? 

- Morgan continues his monster level play? He has the ability to dominate this game.

- McBob continues to take on a little more of a scoring roll, or more of a bread and butter guy in this game?

- Who steps up in this game?

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not a good 3-point shooting team - 30%, but their leading scorer, Braun Hartfield, is a 6'6 soph guard shooting 42% from the arc. Would think Rob will guard him.

1 other player averaging double digit scoring, Cameron Morse, a 6'3 senior guard, he's shooting just 28% from the arc. So they are guard oriented, have good height, but not a strong overall 3-point shooting team.

Their other two leading scorers are Tyree Robinson, a 6'5 junior forward, and a Carmel Indiana kid, frosh Garrett Covington, a 6'5 guard.

Next two scorers (under 8 ppg) are a 6'7 forward and another 6'5 guard. So they're undersized up front but have good guard height and some balance. 

We should win it running away (assuming they're focused). Some things to watch

- Continuation of last game, in taking care of the ball and on the other end forcing TO's?

- Continuation of last game, in ball movement and spreading the assists / extra passes?

- Continuation of last game, as to the senior guards playing within themselves, focused?

- Davis, takes advantage of size matchups and experience and has a strong all around game in this one? 

- Morgan continues his monster level play? He has the ability to dominate this game.

- McBob continues to take on a little more of a scoring roll, or more of a bread and butter guy in this game?

- Who steps up in this game?

I’ll mostly be interested in 2 of your points...

1. Can Davis actually give us some minutes.

2. McBob and his offensive contribution

I actually think very, very highly of Davis on offense, but I get very, very frustrated with his inability to stay on the court whether it be due to fouls or fatigue. 

Last game before league play starts in earnest. Important to come out of this game confident and with a sense of buy in from the starters all the way down to guy 9-10 in the rotation. Important for CAM to feel good about his rotations and comfortable with who he can count on in the crunch.

Biggest fear in this game is that the Penguins come to AH invigorated by the cold and we're the ones who lay an egg 

O.o

20 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I’ll mostly be interested in 2 of your points...

1. Can Davis actually give us some minutes.

2. McBob and his offensive contribution

I actually think very, very highly of Davis on offense, but I get very, very frustrated with his inability to stay on the court whether it be due to fouls or fatigue. 

Hear you. I think we're seeing Davis continue to try to get acclimated to a more pronounced role as a soph while simultaneously improving his conditioning and learning how to bang without fouling. Also think he's been improving in both of those areas, slowly. I continue to think he's getting better and will play bigger games for us down the road, but we are now at close to the half way mark on the season, and it's important that he keep that progress going. On McBob, I'm still not sure what to think of his long-term offensive contribution. I tend to think of him like Hartman, solid player who can have games where his offensive numbers are good or bad, but regardless he can still impact the game positively, a glue guy. We need glue guys. I think he'll play more than was originally anticipated, but I'm not looking for him to become a key scorer -- rather, looking for him to help spread the floor on the offensive side of the ball, by continuing to knock down some 3's here and there, while helping us as a glue guy otherwise on both ends. But then, it's still early with his growing contribution as well, will be interesting to see how that pans out.

7 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

we should win without any trouble.  We won't learn anything other than even our walk on's are even on another level than these guys.  No need to even talk about this game unless we lose.  Then i would just shut this site down for the season.

The question is - is Priller on another level than these guys?

Archived