Illinois post game

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else worried about TJD’s play of late? These last 2 games... Need to be hit with the pad by few football players at practice while going up for layups a few times. It’s like he’s trying to fire up a shot before getting hit with contact. Maybe Tom Allen can be a guest coach and bring a few DL men to strike TJD a few times at practice. 

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Come on now Scott, he’s just saying he isn’t planning his life around the games.  I’m not either, it’s not worth it anymore.  Too many more important things in life.

No adult should plan their life around sports.  I still will watch every game win or lose and I would everyone will as well.  Do you think not watching games will make the AD make a change in coaching.  Unless you are big time donors then you have no effect on coaching changes..

4 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Is anyone else worried about TJD’s play of late? These last 2 games... Need to be hit with the pad by few football players at practice while going up for layups a few times. It’s like he’s trying to fire up a shot before getting hit with contact. Maybe Tom Allen can be a guest coach and bring a few DL men to strike TJD a few times at practice. 

He has no low post moves and all he does is try to back his guy to the basket and against Johnson and Kofi you can't do that.

With the exception of RT, and KL (a tiny bit on the offensive end), we did not have another guy show up tonight. It certainly isn’t all on CAM at that level, but he bears some responsibility for the lack of motivation. 

RP - shut out in ALL categories minus one steal. Dreadful.

AD - Two 3’s early, did make his FTS. But really stunk outside of the first five minutes of the game. 

TJD - 6 / 18 FGs. Scared to death down low. Disappeared altogether in OT. 

AF - meh, not terrible game but didn’t force his way into the action. Just stood around in OT. 

KL - solid on O, but dreadful on D. His 3 possessions of giving up two 3s by not knowing where his man was and then fouling on a 3 absolutely killed us. Prob cost us the game. 

JG, AL, and JG contributed nothing. 

I’m most disappointed that neither TJD or AF demanded the ball in OT. Nobody wanted to be the guy that said “we aren’t losing this game”. That can’t be coached unfortunately. I’m worn out with the bi-polar displays of this team. Really hurts not having JB, but no excuses anymore. Just not good enough. 

I started binge-watching Suits this weekend.  Great show. Even though I have to work tomorrow morning,  I'm too worked up to go to sleep.  Watching an episode of that will put me in a better frame of mind than staying on here a remaining pissed off.  See you guys later.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I started binge-watching Suits this weekend.  Great show. Even though I have to work tomorrow morning,  I'm too worked up to go to sleep.  Watching an episode of that will put me in a better frame of mind than staying on here a remaining pissed off.  See you guys later.

Well laid plan ....night Buddy

I just can't understand what has happened to RP.  I never thought he would be a star but I thought he would be a solid starting PG but he has totally regressed.  I think we should just go with the younger guards and bring RP and Al off the bench.  It seemed the one good stretch we had in the first half was when we had all the young players in the game.

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Not with our current roster of shooters at least 😉

I have watched them quit a bit and when they are hitting they look great and saw a few where they missed and struggled to score.  Also who does that sound like with the offense but Oats teams plays better defense than Crean's did.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Meghan Markle... yowza. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't understand what has happened to RP.  I never thought he would be a star but I thought he would be a solid starting PG but he has totally regressed.  I think we should just go with the younger guards and bring RP and Al off the bench.  It seemed the one good stretch we had in the first half was when we had all the young players in the game.

I think Phinsee needs a change of scenery. His confidence this year outside of a game or 2 has been shot. Personally, I think his freshmen year before his concussion has been his best season. Unfortunately, the less he plays the better going forward. Especially, if IU starts losing more and more games. I think Archie will recruit over him next year knowing his seat is red hot. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched them quit a bit and when they are hitting they look great and saw a few where they missed and struggled to score.  Also who does that sound like with the offense but Oats teams plays better defense than Crean's did.

I meant wouldnt like the philosophy of taking 40 3’s with OUR current roster lol 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  But no crowds helped us go into Iowa and win as well.  It's an excuse, and a weak one.  Good coaching, players not getting suspended, better FT shooting, and a little bit of effort from your Junior PG and you won this game.  Crowd or not.

Interesting. You seem to really have your heels dug in on the local kid because of his Purdue decision. You say good coaching, players not getting suspended, better FT shooting is the reason we lost...maybe just me but that seems like a passive aggressive way to discuss a game....and remind me of who the players "s" are. 

Kind of feeling you've taken on a position because of TK's decision. When you throw terms like "and a weak one"...."players not getting suspended" (like it happens on the daily)......and finish it off with saying crowd or not (while not giving IU the credit they deserve either way)....maybe just the way I read. 

From "your" junior PG? Shoot. Darn that local stuff. 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know but whatever is going on isn't positive.  When he fouled out the exchange with CAM didn't look cordial - Phin was griping about something and Archie threw his hands up.

Just now, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't know but whatever is going on isn't positive.  When he fouled out the exchange with CAM didn't look cordial - Phin was griping about something and Archie threw his hands up.

Leal yelled back at Archie today as well.  I like to see some fire from players and not seeing our guys laughing and talking to opponents during the game.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I'm pretty convinced it was the bad concussion he had. 

Archived