Illinois post game

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For what it's worth, we are 28th in KenPom.  

Our schedule is the 9th toughest, with a Luck Factor that is 297th (out of 357 teams).  That's not a good and/or winning combination.

2021 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings (kenpom.com)

They’ve led Illinois twice late.  Were up late at FSU.  Were up late at Wisco. 

aside from a few duds, they aren’t losing by 20 each game.  

2 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Archie swan song is to the tune of Queen another one bites the dust. Would be another home loss, an another home. Other home loss for us !!!!But we’re getting better! Does anyone believe that! I don’t think so. 

I know I don't bring much to the board and living in the GLORY DAYS but I am so tired of losing because we don't have players that WANT IT MORE than the other team!!! I think I am done with it take care all of you and a very MILE HI SALUTE!! TO YOU ALL!!

6 minutes ago, loviubb said:

HELL I AM STILL DRINKING!!! I HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING 2 LOSSES A YEAR AT HOME LET A LONE 4  AND SOON TO BE MORE,

Do people really consider these "home games"? Not making excuses, but not having fans kinda removes 80% of the home court advantage. Also, 4 OT games this year. What a weird season. The most heart wrenching one that I can recall. Go Hoosiers! 

Regarding Lander, we had a really good look at the 3 three-bombs he gave up because they were right in front of the camera.  The floor was stacked on the other side and I saw in real time that Lander was aware of Frazier but was sagging off to help.  He overdid it.  After he gave up one, I thought comfortably he’d learn the lesson but he didn’t.  Letting it happen multiple times is just not good.  Maybe we needed a time out there.  That was a backbreaking stretch.

Regardless, I thought Lander showed why he was an elite recruit.  Dynamic athlete, gets downhill and creates with vision, and importantly he is an excellent  passer.  He hit a couple of threes.  I think with any luck at all, his improvement goes parabolic between now and November.   I really like him as a player to the point that I’m probably biased.  

8 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I saw that photo and thought to myself, “would be nice to see our team captains out there joining them and leading by example”. Then I realized off the top of my head I have no idea who our team captains are...and it shows.

I would love to see TJD out working on better post moves

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I actually do believe we are getting better.  The problem is that, we're getting incrementally better at such a snail's pace, other teams are getting better faster and passing us by.  

Yes.  At this rate how long will it take before we challenge for B10 titles?  Final Fours?  Rhetorical questions, but it wouldn't appear to be any time in Archie's contract duration.

Just as importantly, given the slowdown (to put it mildly) in recruiting, what evidence is there to suggest that the gentle slope of improvement can continue toward our expectations?

If we were showing this improvement while simply being undermanned is one thing, but we don't try to make up for it with superior strategy or hustle.

I'm resigned to it being a question of when is a change going to happen, not 'if' one will happen.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hate that for all of us fans that love good basketball.  I am sick of living in basketball not sure if it's purgatory or pure hell but either way we are they and have been for far too long. 

I loved great basketball and have witnessed a lot including 3 championships yet I still watch every game.

7 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I really want Archie to give Lander the keys going forward. Stop trying to get anything out of Rob and Al and just build for the future. 

i'm fine with that too, but CAM can't afford o build for the future.  he has to win some games now, or it really won't matter to him.  

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good for you!! I would rather sleep or do something that brings enjoyment.  Maybe I'm just another not real bandwagon fan. 

I see both points of view.  I don’t think either side is wrong.  I like to spend time with my wife and children.  It’s tough to just block out three hours (lol - last night anyway) to watch ball.  It’s not like college where’d I’d stay up until 3 am watching the Alaska shootout even without IU.  Last night we were all in the same room doing our own thing and that was fine but I can’t always do that.  

I fully support the folks who don’t watch all the games because they are unhappy with where we are, and the ones who do.  I think it comes down to everyone’s own circumstance and this isn’t something that can be judged by anyone else.  

We have a great group of guys here.  I think everyone understands it’s just a game.  I get upset, we all do but within normal reason.  It’s an outlet for whatever feelings people have but I think 99% of us have good perspective.  For me it’s an outlet because I love IU and my home state and it brings it all back to me.  I grew up watching smart basketball and that’s what I think about most about Indiana.  That’s what I want.  I’ve got the three titles that I experienced in real time in my back pocket and that is part of how I carry myself as a fan.  But we are all different, and it’s not valid IMO to judge someone else’s feelings.  

I decided to watch last few minutes and OT this morning and just heard DD say something that I was thinking as well but I will take a step further. Last night late in the game AF got the ball at top of key drove to basket scored to tie game. In OT AF spent most of the time in the corner??? RL could and did score at will when he got the ball at top of key. GREAT finisher but for some reason he spent a lot of time in the corner.  Do you think these guys just run there and hide on their own or maybe just maybe for a reason that I just don't see they are told to go there. I don't claim to be a great coach but come on. Get you best player the ball in places they can score. It's a coach's job to put your players in best possible position to be successful.  For the life of me I just dont get it!!

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Just getting on my laptop after a morning of fishing.

Proud of the kids.  Just can't seem to get these types of games in the win column.  Missed opportunities down the stretch.  JSMH.

Are you going fishing this weekend when the wind chill will be -30

Archived