Northwestern Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Phinisee completely unplayable at this point? It's really kind of sad where his game is right now. 

Offensively, I'll say it again, Archie can't make shots for them. We get good looks for the most part, and Archie can't make free throws for them. 

At some point the players have to step up and make open shots. 

Just now, John S said:

Neither of these teams deserves to play in post season.  It’s pathetic. 

Rather win ugly and win pretty.  First of all I am not comparing the teams but the 87 team only best NW by 2 and took 3 it's to beat UW both on the road.  Back then those were by far the two worst teams in the league

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Is Phinisee completely unplayable at this point? It's really kind of sad where his game is right now. 

Offensively, I'll say it again, Archie can't make shots for them. We get good looks for the most part, and Archie can't make free throws for them. 

I want Rob to be great, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t here next season. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Ofdensively, I'll say it again, Archie can't make shots for them. We get good looks for the most part, and Archie can't make free throws for them. 

I’ll say again.  This team has NO fun playing because Miller is a Control Freak.  They simply put up with him.  

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t really blame that half on the coaches. Missed layups and free throws has been the main theme of the half. Defense looked really solid and the freshmen looked decent. Interesting that Archie ran with the Al/Armaan combo without a PG. I think Rob is going to get his minutes cut. 

Yeah, I mean the first several minutes TJD missed 2-3 layups right around the rim, Phinisee missed 1-2 wide open 3's, Race missed a couple put backs, and I think Franklin and Durham each missed an open shots. 

Archie can't shoot for them. I guess he needs to recruit better players which is valid, but these are largely open shots. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

What is disturbing to me is the 2 point shooting and not the 3's.  Trace just doesn't have a post move or shot but just hoping the ball goes in.

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t really blame that half on the coaches. Missed layups and free throws has been the main theme of the half. Defense looked really solid and the freshmen looked decent. Interesting that Archie ran with the Al/Armaan combo without a PG. I think Rob is going to get his minutes cut. 

I fully would have Rob setting on the bus dressed. His mind needs help forcing an "internal culture change". He has the talent, we love him, but leaving him to change himself isn't working. He needs a "boost" in his efforts. It might be the biggest thing that a coach ever does for his life. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I fully would have Rob setting on the bus dressed. His mind needs help forcing an "internal culture change". He has the talent, we love him, but leaving him to change himself isn't working. He needs a "boost" in his efforts. It might be the biggest thing that a coach ever does for his life. 

Maybe he needs a slump buster

Archived