Ohio St Post Game

12 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I really feel like we need to go 3-2 over the next 5.  I really feel like that is going to be tough for this team to do.  

I also believe we need to go no less then 3-2 over the next 5 games. I believe we are very capable to do that and more. How ever this team has shown it’s lack of bring intensity to every game to be able to compete game after game! 
so 3-2 is a very uphill battle! 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Feathery said:

To me the difference is guard play. Specifically PG play. Scootchie Smith was a fantastic PG for Archie at Dayton. 

Edit: the other issue is the get old stay old philosophy. It’s year 4, and our best players are the sophomores and freshmen. Go look at the top of the Big Ten. I see veteran groups of juniors and seniors who lead the way. Oh and solid guard play.  Archie’s first class has Race and Al left. His second class has Rob and Hunter. That’s 4 of 9 players still at IU from his first 2 classes. That’s killing the team from an experience standpoint. Race is the only one who would have a chance of starting for one of the top teams in conference out of IU’s Juniors and Seniors. 

OSU and Michigan went and got experienced transfers and it is paying off this season. Seems like Archie is trying that route with Stewart. Brunk was a good addition but not healthy. 

Thank you. I agree with this almost word for word. I will add that Archie's offense depends heavily on a stud point guard from what I read. We thought Phinisee would be the beginning of that but injuries have hampered him. Lander is starting to pick up that role even though he is still a freshman. I agree with the get old stay old and great guard play. Unfortunately our guards are lacking some and still very inconsistent. 

I noticed that OSU and Michigan went and got experienced transfers and it is paying off big time. I wish Archie would have done that sooner. I also wish he would get point guards in almost every class that fit his mold if his offense depends on great guard play in particular point guard play.. I put that on his shoulders for lack of roster management but he is learning. I see a very different team next year. I also see Archie's trying to do the best he can with the personnel he has and play to their strengths instead of run his offense and have a mess. The product I saw at Dayton was definitely night and day different from what we have here. 

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I think we have just about digested enough of the arsz beating we took yesterday.  Onto the next game and hope for a better outcome. 

Go IU

Agreed.  We need to win the next 2.  "Must win?"  I guess not, but feel we must win 3 out of 5 and these would be our best 2 opportunities!  

6 hours ago, Feathery said:

To me the difference is guard play. Specifically PG play. Scootchie Smith was a fantastic PG for Archie at Dayton. 

Edit: the other issue is the get old stay old philosophy. It’s year 4, and our best players are the sophomores and freshmen. Go look at the top of the Big Ten. I see veteran groups of juniors and seniors who lead the way. Oh and solid guard play.  Archie’s first class has Race and Al left. His second class has Rob and Hunter. That’s 4 of 9 players still at IU from his first 2 classes. That’s killing the team from an experience standpoint. Race is the only one who would have a chance of starting for one of the top teams in conference out of IU’s Juniors and Seniors. 

OSU and Michigan went and got experienced transfers and it is paying off this season. Seems like Archie is trying that route with Stewart. Brunk was a good addition but not healthy. 

Three of the four here from those two classes have battled major injuries for most of their career, too. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Agreed.  We need to win the next 2.  "Must win?"  I guess not, but feel we must win 3 out of 5 and these would be our best 2 opportunities!  

Agreed. We will have backed ourselves into quite a corner if we don't manage to win the next two. 

Win the next two, then winning one of the final three seems likely. Lose one of the next two and having to win two of three against those final three seems like a really tall task. We would probably need to win a few in the BTT if we put ourselves into that situation...

Archived