Ohio St Post Game

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me the names of those 3 refs? They didn't cause the difference but I just need to know because they've been on my radar for a few games.

In terms of game. We had our chances when we cut to 5 twice. Ohio St is really good and took advantage of how many turnovers we had. Stopped counting at 13. Anyway I wanted 3 things to happen in pregame thread and we failed all 3.

Onto this week. Good chance to get over. 500 in league play.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Can anyone tell me the names of those 3 refs? They didn't cause the difference but I just need to know because they've been on my radar for a few games.

In terms of game. We had our chances when we cut to 5 twice. Ohio St is really good and took advantage of how many turnovers we had. Stopped counting at 13. Anyway I wanted 3 things to happen in pregame thread and we failed all 3.

Onto this week. Good chance to get over. 500 in league play.

I think a huge time of the game was  when Race got his 4th foul because I think it was still at 10 when he went out.

At this point “it is what it is” and the movie we are watching over and over is basically the same storyline with a few insignificant twists here and there.

It’s not even particularly fun to watch Archie’s teams anymore but I’ll watch the next game as I always do.

On a positive note we are still in the hunt for the tourney. On to the next one.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I notice when we miss our layups it is because we don't go straight up and go through the contact.  We go up weak and try to double pump and around the defender

My thought was that we don't get the call when we play through contact, so that completely changes how you approach the shot.

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I know we won at Northwestern but it felt like a loss and it sure carried over today.  Feels like a 2 game losing streak and here we are going backwards again.  Bilas or whoever said, 1 step forward 2 steps back.  

I understand that.  It's funny that in the game thread for that game we sucked until we won, then it was cause for optimism. Lol.

IMO, forget the score when evaluating this team - just watch how they play.

I know it won't be until next year but I just don't think Archie will get this turned around.  Like I said we keep making the same mistakes over and over again.  He never tries to change things up with lineups or the kind of offense he runs.  Our guards just aren't good enough to compete at this level right now and most of our young  guys  would probably be better off being backups on good teams except for Lander.

1 minute ago, MSHoosier said:

My thought was that we don't get the call when we play through contact, so that completely changes how you approach the shot.

You still have to go up strong and keep your eyes on the rim.  When you go up weak you make yourself smaller and then have to shoot over guys arms.

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Brutal. That's right up there with Texas. I'm not sure there is much positive to say about that one, not a single player had a performance to be happy about. 

1 positive if TJD keeps playing like he has the last couple there is no doubt he will be back next year!!

Edit. He really wasn't bad today. Just not enough to get in the 1st round. Early in the year I thought he was a top 15 pick. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I know it won't be until next year but I just don't think Archie will get this turned around.  Like I said we keep making the same mistakes over and over again.  He never tries to change things up with lineups or the kind of offense he runs.  Our guards just aren't good enough to compete at this level right now and most of our young  guys  would probably be better off being backups on good teams except for Lander.

It's simply not true he didn't try to change things up. He had TJD, Hunter, and Race in together to try to match their physicality when it was a single digits game; then bam, cheap call on Race, two weak calls on Hunter and the game was over. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Brutal. That's right up there with Texas. I'm not sure there is much positive to say about that one, not a single player had a performance to be happy about. 

I agree...Trayce's numbers look good, but early on missing the easy ones and letting Liddell run amok killed us.

I also thought when we had the ball for the final shot of the 1st half and Al dribbled into a crowd and lost it, allowing OSU to get the lead back to 10 was a killer...

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It's simply not true he didn't try to change things up. He had TJD, Hunter, and Race in together to try to match their physicality when it was a single digits game; then bam, cheap call on Race, two weak calls on Hunter and the game was over. 

Yet he keeps starting the same lineup every game and seems to to make out guys who get rolling like Hunter today.

Archived