Wisconsin Game Thread

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Yeah your probably right, they sure act like they have had some fire up their ass today in the locker room and huddles. Give me a break.

I’ve been in plenty of locker rooms that coaches have ripped everyone. Players that don’t care WONT CARE!

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Not much coaching can do when you have players that don't care. Our senior guards are atrocious. This group is not the group Archie recruited. This group has played in another system far too long. I don't see Archie guys playing like this - put in Phinisee, Hunter and Damezi and we win this game 

Impossible to say that about next year’s recruits right now.  It’s Archie’s job to motivate the team and put them in position to succeed, and that’s not happening right now.  Maybe that’s the players’ fault and not his, but he’s the one getting paid $4M a year to figure it out.

Just now, madmax said:

My point is this: You don't know what Archie is or isn't doing or saying. You have absolutely no clue. Isn't it possible that the players simply aren't responding or listening?

It’s a fan board, no one has a clue if your using that logic. What if all of our guards have had their dogs die this week and that’s why they look like scrubs, I have no clue. But I would say if that happened Johnson and Newkirk sure have owned a lot of dogs this past year.

We just got our ass handed to us by a skinny kid that cant jump or shoot from outside two feet and a short kid with one arm. Every player is an embarrassment to this school. Green still doing the same stupid things and Davis is still the laziest kid in D1.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Impossible to say that about next year’s recruits right now.  It’s Archie’s job to motivate the team and put them in position to succeed, and that’s not happening right now.  Maybe that’s the players’ fault and not his, but he’s the one getting paid $4M a year to figure it out.

Thank you for expressing exactly how I feel. 

Just now, HoosierFaithful said:

Archie gets carte blanche from me this year.  If these troubling signs continue next year, let's talk.  Until then, I'm not judging ANY coaching based on what I've seen for years from this group of players outside of, let's say, 3 (Hartman, Morgan, McRoberts)

I agree with this.  I give 3 years

Just now, Montana Hoosier said:

So have I, you know how you get them to care? Bench their ass until they start to care.

I agree, but he is a first year coach. If you bench the seniors, you WILL totally lose them. Maybe he think he can win more WITH them! I don’t know, I’m just spitballing here.

Archived