Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

18 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Dolson is a genius giving that raise with that manageable buyout. We missed the sign. We know Dolson has some nuts. The question now is how big? 

The 100% buyout did get extended by a year.   If Woodson survives another year then we could have been looking at a 50% buyout.

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

The 100% buyout did get extended by a year.   If Woodson survives another year then we could have been looking at a 50% buyout.

He baited him. It’s very unusual to put that kind of thing in a contract. So much so it’s been pointed out specifically. Dolson just winked and said,”Say when”.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

He baited him. It’s very unusual to put that kind of thing in a contract. So much so it’s been pointed out specifically. Dolson just winked and said,”Say when”.

It all hinges on getting it done this year for it to really be useful though.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Thats who came to mind first, but I forgot about Duke in '15. 

Davis was like third or fourth in number of shots per game.  He wasn’t the first focus.  He was just more efficient.  They have like 6 players averaging between 10-15 ppg.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Davis was like third or fourth in number of shots per game.  He wasn’t the first focus.  He was just more efficient.  They have like 6 players averaging between 10-15 ppg.  

And pts were --- FT line, dunks off PnR, and o rebs 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think there's a difference between a "teams best player is a big guy" and "playing through the post".... 

I don't think Kentucky played through the post, much at all, that season. JMO

This is a very important distinction in the convo. 

Just mearly having your best player be a big doesn't make your team/offense post-dominant or inside-out. 

Cody Zeller was the best player on the 2011-13 teams, I don't think anyone would say those teams were post-dominant or inside-out. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just mearly having your best player be a big doesn't make your team/offense post-dominant or inside-out. 

Cody Zeller was the best player on the 2011-13 teams, I don't think anyone would say those teams were post-dominant or inside-out. 

I'm fine if we played through the post... if we could shoot, if our big men kicked it out, or if guards did something other than watch when the ball was in the post. Obviously, not being able to shoot doesn't entice big guys to kick it out.

But if Woodson truly is trying to do that, how about emphasizing cuts to the basket and actually moving?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Even to use this year as an example, it's often the difference in how Ware scores and how Reneau scores. Not that Ware doesn't get back to the basket touches, but a lot of his damage comes in other ways.

Now when you add his back to the basket touches, and all of Malik's, then it gets pretty ugly in terms of how we play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't believe this at all.  He might not be the coach we want going forward but he has coached and played long enough to know what his record is in both leagues.  This is just throwing shit at a guy for no reason other than they want him gone.

Most people are semi self aware. I’ve met my fair share who lack it completely and live in a dream world that isn’t close to reality. He might very well be one of those types of people. There’s certainly evidence to back that claim up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We're wading into Brad Steven level of rumor and innuendo.  There are going to be a very large group of fans disappointed and unhappy when absolutely nothing happens this year. 

he is number 4 on the list....:coffee:

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Buckner is probably telling Dolson, "Partner, you wanna get rid of a stand up individual and IU legend, for some scumbag like Bruce Pearl?"

Lol. Or some nonsense like that.

Yeah.... anyone that thinks Pearl is a scumbag because of association with Person but doesn't think the same about Woodson and Buckner for their friendship with Zeke should probably stop with the moral authority.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Language reminder: Easy on the profanity. If you’re wondering where your post went I have cleaned up the post themselves as well as post containing quoted profanity.

Sorry on the requote. I'll just add this. Complain all you want about play, missed recruits, losing record, style of play,etc.....but some of the amateur hour stuff going on in our fanbase has me as disappointed as I've ever been.

All in the name of defending a position or a side. It's sophomoric and amateur hour....and the people who like or support some of this stuff shows their colors as well. 

Again. Constructive criticism sure....but some of the stuff all over IU Basketball right now is just straight bush league.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah.... anyone that thinks Pearl is a scumbag because of association with Person but doesn't think the same about Woodson and Buckner for their friendship with Zeke should probably stop with the moral authority.

Guess it's just me but Bruce has had a few run ins far deeper than Person....but out of curiosity are you suggesting Zeke was somehow paying players? Guess I'm confused at your analogy.