Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, iuswingman said:

Didn't say it was easy and I was asking about what shit do they have to put with from fans, given that was the subject at hand.  You are trying to move the goal posts.

I haven't moved the goal posts whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

then how did my post go over your head?

I was addressing that the whole time. Jesus christ. You don't think the fans play a role in the mental taxation of the D1 athlete? 

What are we even doing at this point? Absolute waste of time if you can't follow along any better than this. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I was addressing that the whole time. Jesus christ. You don't think the fans play a role in the mental taxation of the D1 athlete? 

What are we even doing at this point? Absolute waste of time if you can't follow along any better than this. 

says the person that misquotes me.  

I don't think the fans treat players poorly.  And if players are taxed by fans that criticize their play on the court, then maybe they should stay away from social media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

says the person that misquotes me.  

I don't think the fans treat players poorly.  And if players are taxed by fans that criticize their play on the court, then maybe they should stay away from social media.

Absurdly naive. I didn't misquote you. 

Ohh now the fans behavior is the players fault, but you aren't moving the goal posts. :rollinglaugh:

This is a waste of time. Have a good one. 

6 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Guys! What are we doing here???

I came here to read some more beating of the dead Fire Mike Woodson horse and all I'm seeing is an argument about Leal & Gallo's comments. What gives?

honestly though, i do think it's relevant.  not necessarily their comments but Woodson's.  along with numerous obvious issues, his media comments just don't do him any favors.  

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

yeah.  gotta agree.  i mean my son plays basketball and while not at that level, he gets $ for his college, attire, food, etc.  these guys get a lot more than that.  while it would be rough to read bad stuff about my kid, it kind of goes with playing on a national stage, right?  if they get flack for anything it is on social media and they don't have to read it.  i guess like Barkley always said - i am not a role model?  sorry it comes with the limelight.  

There is stuff i've seen and heard first hand about these 2 returning soon to be 5th year seniors, they arent role models by any means. I wont write it here for the mods sake but i'll tell some in DM'S. Thats what TRUE FANS do. Relax, right, i'll get right on that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Not much dissecting required.  IUFLA didn't seem to know what he said so I provided the quote.

Hard to read with 🌹 Crimson colored glasses 👓 

The fact CMW didn’t know if they were going through senior day is odd 

After reading these post Leal is right the fans do need to chill. It is funny we fans can really dish it out but are so thin skin when you get called out on it. You act like they were talking about the whole fan base but it was directed at certain part of the fans. The ones who started the petition, the ones contacting recruits and bashing the program.  The ones that make it to personal like the guy on Greenfield who went up to Woodson at the game to tell him to retire

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

After reading these post Leal is right the fans do need to chill. It is funny we fans can really dosh it out but are so thin skin when you get called out on it. You act like they were talking about the whole fan base but it was directed at certain part of the fans. The ones who started the petition, the ones contacting recruits and bashing the program.  The ones that make it to personal like the guy on Greenfield who went up to Woodson at the game to tell him to retire

SIT DOWN you dont get to talk ever about fan actions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Indykev said:

SIT DOWN you dont get to talk ever about fan actions.

Why is that, because I was actually happy we have started winning. What gives you the right to tell me what to do. I included myself in that category and I can take the back lash from the players.

So if I can get this straight, according to you that since I am not happy with the coach I can't enjoys wins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why is that, because I was actually happy we have started winning. What gives you the right to tell me what to do. I included myself in that category and I can take the back lash from the players.

So if I can get this straight, according to you that since I am not happy with the coach I can't enjoys wins.

You were as bad as any fan out there. YOU were the only FAN on this board writing letters like a nut job to every person on the IU system. YOU dont get to talk shit about other fans and when you do i'll be there. this isn't about enjoying wins, this is about you running your mouth about fans bitching.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, iuswingman said:

No, Woodson did

What Anthony said wasn't much better

"I do gotta make something very clear," Leal continued. "Adversity is part of sports, and for those of you who are so quick to give up and call for quits and everything, there's a reason that you guys aren't coaches. So relax. There's no other coach in the country that I would trust with anything in my life than coach Woodson, and there's no other university I'd want to represent. So we're gonna run it back, but you guys gotta chill."

I see nothing in Anthony's quote that I have an issue with, and I am not on Team Woodson.

It's a player defending his coach.  One could argue Leal maybe should not have been giving a speech at all since he's coming back.  But, since he had the opportunity, he should be able to share how he feels.

I was at Juwan Morgan's Sr. Day, and he never even mentioned Archie.  He thanked Crean, but did not utter the words 'Coach Miller' at all.

THAT was much more of a red flag about the state of things than Leal coming to Woodson's defense.  If anything, Leal has every right to be upset with Woodson that he did not get quality playing time earlier.

We should embrace Leal's attitude, selflessness, and commitment instead of criticizing him for defending his coach.

• Like 6

Just now, Indykev said:

You were as bad as any fan out there. YOU were the only FAN on this board writing letters like a nut job to every person on the IU system. YOU dont get to talk shit about other fans and when you do i'll be there. this is about enjoying wins, this is about you your your mouth about fans bitching.

And I need to chill as well, going through like angry is not the best way to live

Don't you have some players or recruits to stalk

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

to you it is, to others its not.

But that's the thing... clearly it's not just me. 

I am sort of shocked AL's words could have bothered anyone. I guess our fanbase is pretty sensitive if those words bothered "1000s", then again, it seems our HC is pretty sensitive. 

The thing is that what we see in public is probably only 25% of the things that players and coaches receive from fans. We saw the letter that TJD got last year from a fan. DD said he got to read a lot of the letters that was to coach Davis from the fans. He couldn't believe the hatred that came from these fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But that's the thing... clearly it's not just me. 

I am sort of shocked AL's words could have bothered anyone. I guess our fanbase is pretty sensitive if those words bothered "1000s", then again, it seems our HC is pretty sensitive. 

not everyone thinks alike thank god. Enjoy your day. I see Brownstown is ranked 6th is pre season Baseball.