Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There is stuff i've seen and heard first hand about these 2 returning soon to be 5th year seniors, they arent role models by any means. I wont write it here for the mods sake but i'll tell some in DM'S. Thats what TRUE FANS do. Relax, right, i'll get right on that.

My kid that’s a freshman has a friend pledging at a frat where they made him drink a beer from his ass this year.  I can only imagine what Leal and Galloway are doing in their spare time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

My kid that’s a freshman has a friend pledging at a frat where they made him drink a beer from his ass this year.  I can only imagine what Leal and Galloway are doing in their spare time.

Filling up the ass with beer?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rev_AK said:

I think Coach Woodson is a skilled tactician and makes all the right moves. Everyone just needs to let his system settle in for another year or two.

Sincerely, 

Kenny Payne

PS: There's just one missing piece to the system.

Sincerely, 

Kenny Payne

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I see nothing in Anthony's quote that I have an issue with, and I am not on Team Woodson.

It's a player defending his coach.  One could argue Leal maybe should not have been giving a speech at all since he's coming back.  But, since he had the opportunity, he should be able to share how he feels.

I was at Juwan Morgan's Sr. Day, and he never even mentioned Archie.  He thanked Crean, but did not utter the words 'Coach Miller' at all.

THAT was much more of a red flag about the state of things than Leal coming to Woodson's defense.  If anything, Leal has every right to be upset with Woodson that he did not get quality playing time earlier.

We should embrace Leal's attitude, selflessness, and commitment instead of criticizing him for defending his coach.

It's not the coming to woodson's defense that people take issue with..  It's the "there's a reason you guys aren't coaches" line that seems to indicate people who haven't coached don't get an opinion.  and then at the end telling people to chill.    

People are allowed their opinion regardless of their coaching experience.  Just like Leal, who has never coached, is allowed his opinion.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

It's not the coming to woodson's defense that people take issue with..  It's the "there's a reason you guys aren't coaches" line that seems to indicate people who haven't coached don't get an opinion.  and then at the end telling people to chill.    

People are allowed their opinion regardless of their coaching experience. 

'Chill out' is a phrase used by every 22 year old in the world in every situation.  It's harmless and meaningless.

Woodson talking about 'true fans'?  Yeah, that pissed me off.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

From his own ass? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that what we see in public is probably only 25% of the things that players and coaches receive from fans. We saw the letter that TJD got last year from a fan. DD said he got to read a lot of the letters that was to coach Davis from the fans. He couldn't believe the hatred that came from these fans.

I am sure there is stuff that gets sent that is way out of line and most of us would probably agree on it.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

'Chill out' is a phrase used by every 22 year old in the world in every situation.  It's harmless and meaningless.

Woodson talking about 'true fans'?  Yeah, that pissed me off.  

It's combined with the part about you don't get an opinion unless you coached.  

So what I learned is I better support woodson if i want to be a true fan and I need to go find a coaching job in order to have an opinion.

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

This is one of the few times that I 100% agree with Dakich. "Arrogance without achievement" defines the IU basketball program. That predates Woodson, but he's taken it up a notch. Woodson addressing his job status on Senior Day was narcissistic in the extreme. As Dakich said, the only comments an IU player or coach should address to the fan base is "Thank you". Just ignore the fringe knuckleheads in every fan base. 

• Like 4

He feed the beer to his ass.  I have heard some crazy college kids do it to get drunk quicker but in this case he volunteered for his pledge class to do it.

I watched a dude do this in 2008. No one watched Jackass? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is one of the few times that I 100% agree with Dakich. "Arrogance without achievement" defines the IU basketball program. That predates Woodson, but he's taken it up a notch. Woodson addressing his job status on Senior Day was narcissistic in the extreme. As Dakich said, the only comments an IU player or coach should address to the fan base is "Thank you". Just ignore the fringe knuckleheads in every fan base. 

Oh man.. that is f'ed up how hypocritical it is for DD to say all of that lol 

Dakich is the pony boy for "arrogance without achievement"

• Like 8

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

It's combined with the part about you don't get an opinion unless you coached.  

So what I learned is I better support woodson if i want to be a true fan and I need to go find a coaching job in order to have an opinion.

Let's not forget that just a few days before that speech the heavy rumor was that Leal and Galloway were transferring or 'retiring' as soon as the season was over.

So, yeah, if the 17,000 people in attendance had been questioning his loyalty to Woodson and IU, he should be given a little leeway when he's trying to set the record straight.

Maybe, 'there's a reason you're not coaches' wasnt the best thing to say.  But, how many of those fans had spend the week spreading false rumors about Leal?

He has a voice, used it, and IU fans have to take it if they are giving it out.  And, boy have we been giving it out lately.  And, as we have seen with Leal and Galloway, not everything we're dishing out is fair.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I am sure there is stuff that gets sent that is way out of line and most of us would probably agree on it.  

Probably those are the fans they were talking about, not the people being upset with how the team is performing. It is the ones that make it personal like calling the coach lazy and sleepy and asking him to retire to his face

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let's not forget that just a few days before that speech the heavy rumor was that Leal and Galloway were transferring or 'retiring' as soon as the season was over.

So, yeah, if the 17,000 people in attendance had been questioning his loyalty to Woodson and IU, he should be given a little leeway when he's trying to set the record straight.

Maybe, 'there's a reason you're not coaches' wasnt the best thing to say.  But, how many of those fans had spend the week spreading false rumors about Leal?

He has a voice, used it, and IU fans have to take it if they are giving it out.  And, boy have we been giving it out lately.  And, as we have seen with Leal and Galloway, not everything we're dishing out is fair.

We need to set up an immaculate grid for HSN posters and their feelings toward Mike Woodson, the kids, and the program 😁

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We need to set up an immaculate grid for HSN posters and their feelings toward Mike Woodson, the kids, and the program 😁

We also need to setup a poll to determine who is "The Truest Fan" on HSN. I'm pretty sure that I am but I wanna give everyone a chance.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

We also need to setup a poll to determine who is "The Truest Fan" on HSN. I'm pretty sure that I am but I wanna give everyone a chance.

I found this definition on the IU Athletic Department website:

True Fan: A friendly, docile creature that claps like a trained seal. Produces abundant fleece to be shorn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I found this definition on the IU Athletic Department website:

True Fan: A friendly, docile creature that claps like a trained seal. Produces abundant fleece to be shorn. 

This gives me hope. If we can train boosters to clap like seals then we can train our men's college basketball team to shoot above 70% from the free throw line.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 2

Can I add fire all the Bears staff to this?  Third highest cap space and pretty much diddle besides overpaying Swift for free agency

my bears fandom would have been turned in when you guys gave the house for Mitchell Trubisky. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Indian leg wrestling is the tie breaker! 

• Haha 2