Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

12 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I honestly think that Purdue would have a better chance of hiring those guys, hypothetically speaking. Indiana needs to find someone who really wants to be there and build them up. Maybe Dusty May can do it? Maybe not?

Purdue isn’t spending $8 million on a basketball coach anytime soon. There simply isn’t the ROI when you are selling out the season paying $4 million a year. 

But if IU was willing to pay Self/Cal/Coach K type money they could get one of those guys IMO. 

• Like 1

Earlier this season I half jokingly told my friend that I’d offer painter $8 million a year and then go up by 2 every time he says no. Now I mean it whole heartedly.

I know the March success is lacking, but it’s just a matter of time before they break through to the Final 4.

DD like him or hate him had Dolson on blast today about lying to him about something Dolson was going to say or do on the 18th. DD also said the stories he is getting from inside the program would blow your mind. he said he called Dolson to see if what was said to him was true. Also said Woodson within an hour of the game ending was on the south side of btown drinking and smoking. Not caring to fix anything.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

DD like him or hate him had Dolson on blast today about lying to him about something Dolson was going to say or do on the 18th. DD also said the stories he is getting from inside the program would blow your mind. he said he called Dolson to see if what was said to him was true. Also said Woodson within an hour of the game ending was on the south side of btown drinking and smoking. Not caring to fix anything.

My guess is Woodson has been asked to retire.  Now it won't be public until after senior night.  I could see an announcement being made right before the tourney and hopefully it inspires the guys to finally win that tournament.   All of this is extremely unlikely.  If it comes true, I'm going to kick myself for not grabbing a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, madmax said:

Earlier this season I half jokingly told my friend that I’d offer painter $8 million a year and then go up by 2 every time he says no. Now I mean it whole heartedly.

I know the March success is lacking, but it’s just a matter of time before they break through to the Final 4.

I don’t want Painter but two things…

1.) it would be the all time greatest dig at Purdue EVER. It would officially say “dude you are our little brother…own it.”

2.) he’d be able to recruit better at IU by far. Which is impressive considering he does well in that area

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I don’t want Painter but two things…

1.) it would be the all time greatest dig at Purdue EVER. It would officially say “dude you are our little brother…own it.”

2.) he’d be able to recruit better at IU by far. Which is impressive considering he does well in that area

Painter wouldn’t go to IU now, but he damn sure would have in ‘89.