IU Baseball 2024

btownqb

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting this. Of all the sounds in sports from swishing of the net, to starting the engines at 500, to hitting a ball flush on the golf course....I still think the greatest sound is the ball off a bat and you know it's gone. 

Yes sir. DT has that and we have a short porch in right field haha 

Let the kid play at home all of June and lets see what happens! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

3rd different production that has us currently hosting

JUST KEEP WINNING

I just noticed this. Regionals in Bloomington, Louisville, and Lexington?? Good Lord knows that's never happened. For the college baseball junkies that could be some car time to see a bunch of good teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I just noticed this. Regionals in Bloomington, Louisville, and Lexington?? Good Lord knows that's never happened. For the college baseball junkies that could be some car time to see a bunch of good teams.

I just noticed that. 

One of the other publications had--- IU, UL, and Tennessee all in Bloomington for the regional. That would PACK THE BART, holy cow. 

But... if we could avoid UL/Tennessee being the 2/3 in our regional, I would prefer that. 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, btownqb said:

I just noticed that. 

One of the other publications had--- IU, UL, and Tennessee all in Bloomington for the regional. That would PACK THE BART, holy cow. 

But... if we could avoid UL/Tennessee being the 2/3 in our regional, I would prefer that. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2023-ncaa-tournament-projected-field-of-64-41923/

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know all the intricacies for college baseball scheduling but the only blemish I see is our Non conference SOS....but we did schedule Auburn, Texas, UK....and obviously Indiana St is as good as anyone. Curious why it's so low?

And actually more than that... IN ST x2, Ball St x2, Kent St, ECU, and Louisville. Morehead St was a solid series, as well. Now.. Texas is just a tick down from what they usually are... and got swept this weekend... 

But... Non conf SOS sits at 63 currently... and fell this week by like 15 spots. But... when you factor in we are a Midwestern school... and there are 300 schools playing, that isn't "awful". 

For reference-- Iowa, who many thought would have a GREAT year or coming into the year were expected to be very good--- NON CONF SOS-- 185, Maryland same thing.. very high expectations- NON CONF SOS-- 132. .... I mean, ours dwarfs those two. 

Series against-- Bellarmine (4 games) (241), Ohio (190), Auburn (38), Texas (34), Morehead St (132)

Mid weeks- Miami (OH) (280) , Butler (231) , IPFW (260), USI (280), and Cinci (195) (wtf), Kent St (78)

1 games- ECU (10), Gtown (119), LBSU (72)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparing our non conference SOS to UK---  who non conf SOS is #9

Series- @Elon (58), IN ST (10), Wright St (95), So ILL (84)

Midweeks- IU (11), Tenn Tech (265), UL x2 (32), Xavier (45), Dayton (212), WKU (196), EKU (186), Ohio (190), Murray St (217), Morehead St (132), Evansville (74)

So we have played 12 games against RPI +190, Kentucky will have played 6 games. If Texas would have had a "normal" RPI year that is ranked Top 15 (and they still could), ours would grow quite a bit. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are my computer ratings through yesterday's games.  Another new #1 national team (also will note that South Carolina was #1 for a few days in updates from last Monday to this Monday).  So, perhaps there is no really dominant national team this year??  Indiana continues to trend upward.

1 Wake Forest
2 South Carolina
3 LSU
4 Kentucky
5 Virginia
6 Duke
7 Vanderbilt
8 Florida
9 Alabama
10 Tennessee
11 Coastal Car
12 Campbell
13 Arkansas
14 Oregon
15 Arizona
16 NC State
17 Oregon St
18 Virginia Tech
19 West Virginia
20 Louisville
21 East Carolina
22 UC Santa Barbara
23 Texas Tech
24 Stanford
25 Clemson

Big 10:

28 Iowa
33 Indiana
52 Rutgers
56 Nebraska
63 Michigan St
73 Maryland
85 Penn St
95 Ohio St
97 Illinois
105 Michigan
128 Purdue
196 Minnesota
263 Northwestern
Edited by IUJoe

26 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Here are my computer ratings through yesterday's games.  Another new #1 national team (also will note that South Carolina was #1 for a few days in updates from last Monday to this Monday).  So, perhaps there is no really dominant national team this year??  Indiana continues to trend upward.

1 Wake Forest
2 South Carolina
3 LSU
4 Kentucky
5 Virginia
6 Duke
7 Vanderbilt
8 Florida
9 Alabama
10 Tennessee
11 Coastal Car
12 Campbell
13 Arkansas
14 Oregon
15 Arizona
16 NC State
17 Oregon St
18 Virginia Tech
19 West Virginia
20 Louisville
21 East Carolina
22 UC Santa Barbara
23 Texas Tech
24 Stanford
25 Clemson

Big 10:

28 Iowa
33 Indiana
52 Rutgers
56 Nebraska
63 Michigan St
73 Maryland
85 Penn St
95 Ohio St
97 Illinois
105 Michigan
128 Purdue
196 Minnesota
263 Northwestern

LSU might have 3 of the best 10 players in the country. Hell probably the best 2 for sure. 

I do think they're hands down the best team in the country, not as good as UT last year, but as we've seen... being the best team in early June doesn't always matter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And actually more than that... IN ST x2, Ball St x2, Kent St, ECU, and Louisville. Morehead St was a solid series, as well. Now.. Texas is just a tick down from what they usually are... and got swept this weekend... 

But... Non conf SOS sits at 63 currently... and fell this week by like 15 spots. But... when you factor in we are a Midwestern school... and there are 300 schools playing, that isn't "awful". 

For reference-- Iowa, who many thought would have a GREAT year or coming into the year were expected to be very good--- NON CONF SOS-- 185, Maryland same thing.. very high expectations- NON CONF SOS-- 132. .... I mean, ours dwarfs those two. 

Series against-- Bellarmine (4 games) (241), Ohio (190), Auburn (38), Texas (34), Morehead St (132)

Mid weeks- Miami (OH) (280) , Butler (231) , IPFW (260), USI (280), and Cinci (195) (wtf), Kent St (78)

1 games- ECU (10), Gtown (119), LBSU (72)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparing our non conference SOS to UK---  who non conf SOS is #9

Series- @Elon (58), IN ST (10), Wright St (95), So ILL (84)

Midweeks- IU (11), Tenn Tech (265), UL x2 (32), Xavier (45), Dayton (212), WKU (196), EKU (186), Ohio (190), Murray St (217), Morehead St (132), Evansville (74)

So we have played 12 games against RPI +190, Kentucky will have played 6 games. If Texas would have had a "normal" RPI year that is ranked Top 15 (and they still could), ours would grow quite a bit. 

Ok so help my out on one thing. The midweek series are basically against teams within driving distance to keep allusion of kids not missing class, smaller costs,etc...so if Midwestern or Northern teams who aren't as good we just don't have the same chance at stronger SOS if teams like WKU, EKU, Ohio and on and on all suck. Is that basically the deal?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok so help my out on one thing. The midweek series are basically against teams within driving distance to keep allusion of kids not missing class, smaller costs,etc...so if Midwestern or Northern teams who aren't as good we just don't have the same chance at stronger SOS if teams like WKU, EKU, Ohio and on and on all suck. Is that basically the deal?

Yeah. ish... 

Plus... Idk how "far apart" these schedules/rankings truly are anyways... like, Ok we might be the "50th best batting average team in the country" but spots 25-75 are all within small percentage points against each other, if that makes sense. So we are 63rd, currently... we might be VERY close to like 43rd, again... just a guess. 

If Texas and Auburn can get hot, though, maybe slip into the top 20-25... big help for us. 

--------------------

Side note-- I think next year Mercer will LOAD up the schedule. If all things work out... my goodness we will be bringing a lot back. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

LSU might have 3 of the best 10 players in the country. Hell probably the best 2 for sure. 

I do think they're hands down the best team in the country, not as good as UT last year, but as we've seen... being the best team in early June doesn't always matter. 

I saw a mock draft where the top two players selected was from LSU