Robert Phinisee

rico

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not to disagree with you as i haven't seen him play at all, but in high school a stud can average 31ppg without being a good outside shooter.  is he a solid 3 point shooter?

Yes, he seems to be good at everything.  Good passer, good shooter, quick, athletic, etc.  How he’s not ranked higher on the recruiting trail is beyond me.  He’s a good get and he should start from day one.  I believe that he will be a nice change from Rojo and Newkirk.

6 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Yes, he seems to be good at everything.  Good passer, good shooter, quick, athletic, etc.  How he’s not ranked higher on the recruiting trail is beyond me.  He’s a good get and he should start from day one.  I believe that he will be a nice change from Rojo and Newkirk.

who else was recruiting him highly?

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i like it.  as i have been saying, people want to dismiss *s.  fine.  i think the schools recruiting a kid are a pretty good measuring stick though.

Stars or no stars, if you know basketball, you can tell if a kid is going to be good or not by watching them play.  A lot of times, it seems that these five star kids are rated high mainly due to future potential or having only one elite trait.  Some of those kids never see that potential (see Hanner Perea, Skal Labisiere (sp?), etc) for a myriad of reasons, and there are tons of low ranked kids who outperform their 5 star counterparts.  

Archived