2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

Guys talking about Ware and MM having intentions of being 1 and done players at IU is silly. Of course that is their intentions and the staff’s intentions. That said crazy things can happen. Anyone else on the current roster is very unlikely to go pro after this year unless they are out of eligibility like X.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Guys talking about Ware and MM having intentions of being 1 and done players at IU is silly. Of course that is their intentions and the staff’s intentions. That said crazy things can happen. Anyone else on the current roster is very unlikely to go pro after this year unless they are out of eligibility like X.

I’d agree at least so far. Guess we’ll see how the season plays out. If Ware’s potential is true, and he underachieved greatly last year, it’s not inconceivable for him to hit his stride and really start growing as a player quickly. 

Hope he does because if he becomes truly worthy of a mid first round pick and others improve AND they develop chemistry, then this team could be really something by season’s end.

• Like 2

Remember OG only had a nice run at the end of his Freshman year and the tournament game against UK that propelled him. Gets hurt early sophomore year and becomes first round pick. His numbers at IU weren’t real impressive. 

If ware and An MM shoot good from 3 and continue to get better they will get draft on potential more so than the results of what IU does

• Like 4

20 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't know. He isn't tall enough to play a stretch 4. He isn't athletic enough to be a 3. If he's going to make the NBA, he needs to be really good at basketball on both ends of the floor. I actually thought his on ball defense was good that first game, so maybe he will be really good, but he has a long way to go. He doesn't have the high ceiling that will get him drafted if he's only pretty good at basketball.

IMO... MR isn't nearly athletic enough to play in the NBA.  I don't think it's really that close either.  I hope he has a great year and career at IU. 

Edited by JJack

4 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I've got a friend that is a Twerp. With the announced spring DQ decision, his opinion is F him! Strongly. He like many, expect that pUKe or KU sweeps in with the bag in the end. His main point of emphases was F him.

Well that’s unlikely. UK and KU already have centers in their recruiting classes. I get KU has still been recruiting Queen but I don’t believe he has a good fit with Flory.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well that’s unlikely. UK and KU already have centers in their recruiting classes. I get KU has still been recruiting Queen but I don’t believe he has a good fit with Flory.

Ok I should have left the KU UK thing totally off of this, it was a secondary thought. His main focus was that the kid can Eff off now since waiting so long. It was his and other Twerp fan feelings that this kid is a Drama Qee..... ( I just can't type the rest of that out).

I guess in short, my VERY small sample size of twerp fans are over DQ now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Ok I should have left the KU UK thing totally off of this, it was a secondary thought. His main focus was that the kid can Eff off now since waiting so long. It was his and other Twerp fan feelings that this kid is a Drama Qee..... ( I just can't type the rest of that out).

I guess in short, my VERY small sample size of twerp fans are over DQ now. 

Sounds like they're preparing to lose him to me...

2030053495_sourgrapes.jpg.baec8e6dc2525ecf914e190f6d413bc5.jpg

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ummmm...... Don't let him see tonight's IU game, just sayin'....

Yeah...thought the same when I read that.  Neither team really showing out yet.  We'll see which coach can came the necessary corrections and develop what they have.  I thought Maryland was pretty experienced though...

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Don’t have a screenshot but I swear I saw a yesterday a fan account post that the staff went to see Liam and Queen last night. 

Also, someone on BTB said they watched a Montverde game recently and Paul Biancardi said if he had to guess he thinks Queen follows Liam to IU. 

There’s almost no shot that Ware is back. He’s putting great potential on tape for the NBA scouts.  Woody has been phenomenal with him.   If that is what Queen wants to see, then there it is.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Keyna was there yesterday, but Maryland was also four deep.

Thanks, thought I saw somewhere that Woody went as well? 

If you’re Willard, what do you even say to Queen lol? Our bigs outplayed theirs, ware looks like a 1st rounder, their local guys like DHS and Kaiser haven’t played to expectations, Geronimo doesn’t look any better, they’ve lost to mediocre teams, zero commits for next year, and have limited NIL $. Pretty much have to lean on hoping he wants to be a hometown hero and take 30 shots a game. 

If you’re IU, all you gotta say is rewatch the game and the decision is easy. Plus our biggest glaring issue will be solved with Liam’s shooting ability. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 4