2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

When you hear your team is leading but then the decision gets delayed...

Feels like the G Harris decision 

Mom wants him to stay home at G Tech 

He wants to go away to Purdue 

Gotta be a lot going on behind the scenes 

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maybe? But who this recruitment who knows, everything appears to be tight lipped from what I’ve read

I keep thinking he is ready to pull the trigger to stay home with Maryland....then he hears more from IU, and honestly watches how IU has helped Malik develop...and he is thinking man IU has had such great development with bigs... first TJD, now Malik, is Maryland really the right choice.....(this is my totally IU colored glasses view) lol

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Trilly said it’s a 50/50 between IU and Maryland and that the Hoops Hall decision won’t happen

Maybe he will decide that he can't decide between the two and just pick Houston.

Edited by IU Scott

8 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I keep thinking he is ready to pull the trigger to stay home with Maryland....then he hears more from IU, and honestly watches how IU has helped Malik develop...and he is thinking man IU has had such great development with bigs... first TJD, now Malik, is Maryland really the right choice.....(this is my totally IU colored glasses view) lol

I mean he also probably talks to Malik a ton and gets some behind the scenes stuff that others don’t get to even know about.

I'm not sure Ware is ready to go pro. So if he and Malik return next season, is there room for Queen? Would he come here to potentially come off the bench? Maybe this is why he is delaying his decision, to get more insight on what our roster will look like next year. No inside info here, just my thoughts. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DunkinDipo said:

I'm not sure Ware is ready to go pro. So if he and Malik return next season, is there room for Queen? Would he come here to potentially come off the bench? Maybe this is why he is delaying his decision, to get more insight on what our roster will look like next year. No inside info here, just my thoughts. 

Or to keep ratcheting up the NIL $$.  But yeah I would imagine if playing time is a question here then that would take us out of the running. That said I would be shocked if Ware stays…probably just jump to G league if he doesn’t get drafted.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:00 PM, DunkinDipo said:

Or he could be waiting to see if Woodson can recruit guards or is he going to get triple teamed and beat up every night out.

39 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Or he could be waiting to see if Woodson can recruit guards or is he going to get triple teamed and beat up every night out.

Hahaha I think recruits considering if they are going to get triple teamed is the lowest possible factor, if it is even a consideration. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think it comes down to playing time…and use. Development here is second to none for bigs…but we have a log jam at the 4/5 if everyone comes back.

Mgbako,Ware Walker gone after this season.