2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yet.  

Romeo was a difference case.  Clearly injured enough to need surgery, that doesn't count.  I don't follow every team that goes nit, cbi or any other trash end of season tourney.  It's bound to happen eventually.  If it hasn't already and it was so low key, non ncaa tourney guy, it didn't even catch wind on the radar, like 2nd rounder or not even drafted guy.  

It's my opinion.  It's your opinion.  It's actually a guess.  

The level of injury risk is far different. As is the percentage of guys that will go pro after a year. So, I don't think it will ever be a huge thing like in bowl games. I would guess you're right and it will happen a bit, but I don't think it will just become a normal part of the late/post season.

2 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

The level of injury risk is far different. As is the percentage of guys that will go pro after a year. So, I don't think it will ever be a huge thing like in bowl games. I would guess you're right and it will happen a bit, but I don't think it will just become a normal part of the late/post season.

I agree

I don’t think anyone thought he fit here…not with upper class man Reneau and maybe Ware. Woody has a lot of work to do this offseason to put this roster back together. Clearly next year he will be on the hottest of hot seats. Sad thing is 25 class is suppose to be very talented and we could hsce a lot of great local talent but if we let Woody go that offseason a coach would have no time to re-recruit those guys. Purdue is sitting prettier by the day. It isn’t just bad hires hurting us on the court but Purdue has been the beneficiary of some poor coaching recruiting at the state level.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, KDB said:

If Mgbako stays, I’m not mad about this.

Liam at the 3, Mgbako at the 4, Reneau at the 5.. me likey.

Get a starting PG and a starting 2 in the portal we could be good.

Also I thought someone posted yesterday that made it sound like Queen to IU if Ware was leaving. What happened to that theory 

1 minute ago, KDB said:

If Mgbako stays, I’m not mad about this.

Liam at the 3, Mgbako at the 4, Reneau at the 5.. me likey.

I like it on offense, not so much on defense.  Rebounding will be awful too.  

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The thought of Reneau and Mgbako playing defense and rebounding at the 5…

IMG_2489.gif

If Reneau is the last line of defense at the rim, he'll be in foul trouble by the first TV timeout.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Get a starting PG and a starting 2 in the portal we could be good.

Also I thought someone posted yesterday that made it sound like Queen to IU if Ware was leaving. What happened to that theory 

We will have the same coaching staff. We are bottom feeders until the bozo's are gone!

I don't hate it. Unless Queen was comfortable coming off the bench - and likely he wasn't - he's not a great fit on a roster with Reneau.  I'd love to have the talent, but Fland was the real miss.

Better yet, I'd rather have high four star talent, less top fifteen kids that are looking to be one and done. Build a foundation. Missing on so many kids in '23 and '24 is disastrous considering all the resources and effort wasted on high end kids. Let this be a chance to rethink the strategy.

• Like 1

I think Queen will be a great player, but he was going to force us into more two man buddy ball. We need to break the cycle. This is a blessing in disguise for our program.

Again, this is not sour grapes - I’ve been saying this for the last few months. All my respect to Queen and his decision. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1