2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Sorry, he’s not likely to transfer (as of now)? 

If so, you think he would actually play the 5 or another year of bully ball? 

As things stand right now he'd be the 5 and the staff has discussed this possibility

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

As things stand right now he'd be the 5 and the staff has discussed this possibility

Thanks, (temporary) music to my ears. One day at a time though haha! 

Any concern Queen not coming here means Liam is reconsidering? Or more just the hometown hero/staff relationship was the deciding factor. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Thanks, (temporary) music to my ears. One day at a time though haha! 

Any concern Queen not coming here means Liam is reconsidering? Or more just the hometown hero/staff relationship was the deciding factor. 

They were always separate situations. Maryland was always a likely outcome for Queen.  

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They were always separate situations. Maryland was always a likely outcome for Queen.  

Thank you. I am probably in the minority here, but I think this is a good thing. Although Queen seems like a very good player, him coming here would be more of the style we've been playing and I think everyone would agree, it's not the best offense. Now if Malik transfers, we're in trouble. I would take Queen 9/10 ten, but we need guards not more bigs. 

• Like 2

• KDB changed the title to 2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

I’m not going to sit here and go the we didn’t want him anyway route because we could always use more talent, but wasn’t it an uphill battle for anyone who wasn’t Maryland? Wasn’t Maryland leading pretty much the entirety?

Edited by IUskim

22 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I’m not going to sit here and go the we didn’t want him anyway route because we could always use more talent, but wasn’t it an uphill battle for anyone who wasn’t Maryland? Wasn’t Maryland leading pretty much the entirety?

Maybe, but why’d it take so long if it was always Maryland?  His comment of the fans are great is laughable.   Haven’t they had low attendance all year?

28 minutes ago, IUskim said:

He’s from Baltimore so going back home was probably a factor. Indiana having no identity or clear direction was also a probable factor.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Maybe, but why’d it take so long if it was always Maryland?  His comment of the fans are great is laughable.   Haven’t they had low attendance all year?

Probably the same reason Scott Boras has his clients wait as long as possible to pick a team…to extract every last dollar. 

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For any of the insiders that know the Queen recruitment...any chance he might rethink things? 5 transfers, more leaving....and from what Ant is saying no one is sticking around.

Is this at Maryland?