2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

I disagree, a second year, kid going to be really good!

Understand, and agree to a point, but not if he’s entitled, doesn’t understand what IU basketball is, and doesn’t really want to be here. He needs to be committed to getting better, but if that work ethic isn’t there… 

I’ll just say it, I don’t see how Queen fits in with either Maryland or IU. Both teams returning Power Forwards score most of their points in the paint and will clog the lane for him (Reneau, Reese). From highlight videos, Queen doesn’t seem like an immediate stretch 5. Both teams will need to drastically improve their guard play as their freshman and bench aren’t producing at all. Would need to wait until the summer to have more clarity if either team upgraded. 

If he wasn’t a 5 star, from Montverde, and close friends with Liam, I probably wouldn’t want our staff to land him. He’s a great player but I would rather move Reneau to the 5 and have Mac come back and play the 4. 

My opinion would change if I knew for a fact Queen would be willing to split time with Reneau at the 5 spot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I’m of the belief that IU is in a really good spot with this recruitment. 

Honestly, that’s good to hear…. At this point in the season, it’s got to be hard to sell a player with our current struggles. If a player can see through all this and know how and where he can help, has to help. I also wonder if McNeeley is still trying to pull him?

Edited by Artesian_86

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t have anything meaningful to post but I just remembered that time that Maryland fans literally were crying and saying that our coaching staff was paying Joe Tipton under the table to host an IG live with DQ and Liam. 

Good times. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Haha 1