2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There’s almost no shot that Ware is back. He’s putting great potential on tape for the NBA scouts.  Woody has been phenomenal with him.   If that is what Queen wants to see, then there it is.  

Agreed. Before the season even started, it was thought he was gone regardless of how this season went. So if he was willing to jump to the NBA after a bad season, no way he stays after the season he's having.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I haven’t watched Queen play much and am basing on what I’ve heard, but do you guys think Queen and Reneau would be able to play next to each other?

A lot of similarities there, coming out of high school...

I can see Queen following the same path Malik did if he comes to IU... 

17 hours ago, IUFLA said:

A lot of similarities there, coming out of high school...

I can see Queen following the same path Malik did if he comes to IU... 

Good point. Queen has to very familiar with Reneau and his development. I wonder how much they communicate, if at all? I can easily see a Sparks, Reneau, Queen rotation up front next year. Queen has to notice how Reneau 's body has transformed, his scoring and the willingness to revolve the O around the bigs. All good things.

9 hours ago, Reacher said:

Good point. Queen has to very familiar with Reneau and his development. I wonder how much they communicate, if at all? I can easily see a Sparks, Reneau, Queen rotation up front next year. Queen has to notice how Reneau 's body has transformed, his scoring and the willingness to revolve the O around the bigs. All good things.

I think Reneau is sitting 3rd in scoring difference from last year to this year in the B1G

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Just an fyi 

IMG_0057.png

So I hope the kid ends up here.  That being said, this kind of stuff gets old.  If Queen doesn't commit this week, then I don't know why this stuff gets taken so seriously.  Yeah, eventually something will happen with Queen.  If this dude thinks he has the answer, say who and around when.  Short of that, anybody who follows message boards could do something like this.  It means literally nothing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So I hope the kid ends up here.  That being said, this kind of stuff gets old.  If Queen doesn't commit this week, then I don't know why this stuff gets taken so seriously.  Yeah, eventually something will happen with Queen.  If this dude thinks he has the answer, say who and around when.  Short of that, anybody who follows message boards could do something like this.  It means literally nothing.

Well, Colby Glacubeno at least is willing to put his name out there and give an answer:

image.thumb.png.bfe6d3b9b088a35349448f777539a62a.png

• Like 4

If this happens it is just such a massive get for this staff. Not considered the leader really at any point throughout the entirety of the recruitment - nobody gave anyone other than Maryland much of a chance for the bulk of this one, and Woody might just land his 7th top 30 recruit in four classes. Then if you get this done and add Sanon? Some special seasons might be coming. Not too shabby for "no Juwan Howard".

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Would be a big get but we really need to add some good guards.  

For sure, although it sounds like we’re the team to beat for Daquan Davis and Sanon is taking a visit soon. 

Not to mention, Galloway can come back for his Covid year. I think Gallo would do much better playing alongside a high volume shooter like Liam. Takes a lot of pressure off him to create and Gallo’s defense can help lead to some easy transition buckets for Liam. 

• Like 2